• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! The Most Eggcellent Throwdown

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
These were the requirements... vote!

Challenge part 1: whole egg; you must show one instance of a non-broken yolk egg using both parts (cooked as whole egg), whether this is a fried egg, soft boiled, hard boiled... it can be broken down after cooking as in egg salad or deviled, but you must not incorporate the yolk and white during cooking and both must be visible in the presentation.

Challenge part 2: incorporated/separated; you must also use an incorporated or separated egg. This can be anything from an omelet to a cake with eggs in it. We don't need to see the egg here but it can help. If your recipe calls for using whites or yolks only, this is allowed for challenge part 2. This opens up many possibilities!

You must complete both challenges as one composed dish, two elements of the same dish, or, two separate dishes (but posted as one entry).

Poll ends Sun 8 PM EDT

Ashen, I would eat those one after another untill I couldn't move then go back to bed and sleep it off.

Waffles, poached eggs, fancy meat, and spicy sauce? OMG

D3monic said:
Looks like we was missing a few entries. I take it they didn't follow all the requirements. Dragonsfire looked pretty tasty. 

I didn't notice myself, but the ones I have in my inbox are the official entries and I reminded with a bump as well. :)

You sent the last 2 TDs but not this one, look in your PMs. Sorry, I have to go by received PMs, I can't go through them all anymore.

Hot Stuff, Ashen, Tinnie and GIP were the top of my list, though I'd happily sit down to eat any of the listed plates (and DF's too).  

The one that spoke to me most was Hot Stuff's quiche & benedict.  He even did the english muffins from scratch.  Eggsellent efforts all!  :)

SmokenFire said:
Hot Stuff, Ashen, Tinnie and GIP were the top of my list, though I'd happily sit down to eat any of the listed plates (and DF's too).  

The one that spoke to me most was Hot Stuff's quiche & benedict.  He even did the english muffins from scratch.  Eggsellent efforts all!   :)
Thanks!

This throwdown was a lot of fun..... it was great to have a laugh, chow down and drool over everyone elses entries.....

Couldnt go past hot stuff's entry either.... the quiche looked very homely and comforting with flavours that hit all the right notes for me..... Eggs benedict was perfect, love english muffins but never had the pleasure to try a home made one.... its now officially on the "to do" list..... well done mate...

Big props to GIP for getting well out of his comfort zone and creating something truly unique

Was great to see key back in action

All entries were quality.... great effort guys  :clap:

Tinnie said:
This throwdown was a lot of fun..... it was great to have a laugh, chow down and drool over everyone elses entries.....

Couldnt go past hot stuff's entry either.... the quiche looked very homely and comforting with flavours that hit all the right notes for me..... Eggs benedict was perfect, love english muffins but never had the pleasure to try a home made one.... its now officially on the "to do" list..... well done mate...

Big props to GIP for getting well out of his comfort zone and creating something truly unique

Was great to see key back in action

All entries were quality.... great effort guys  :clap:
Thanks. Eggs Benedict has always been one of my wife's favorite but I had never made English Muffins before and I used to use a poached egg poacher. But I saw some videos of poaching eggs the right way and really wanted to try that too. Found out afterwards my wife really doesn't like store bought English muffins. They have some sort of after taste to them she says. But the fresh ones were the best she said. Now I have to freeze some of the the left overs for her birthday later this month.

Indeed GIP looks great. I could really eat everything. Some great ideas this throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back