• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! The Most Eggcellent Throwdown

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Down to 2 here and I got no idea how I'm gonna choose.

As it is I've had to be insanely picky to even get this far and I dead-set can't possibly be any more picky!

Key Key Key - I gotta admit, the whole-plate pic was pretty "meh". But TD's aren't fully about appearances. It was the food itself that took my vote. The individual shots had me drooling. Plus, what's not to love about home-made biscuits with home-made apple butter?  All the entries were great, but this was the one I wanted for breakfast today and tomorrow.

Gassy - yours was a very close second for me. Yah, what's in the fridge may be sparse, but it can still be mighty tasty. Well done!

geeme said:
Key Key Key - I gotta admit, the whole-plate pic was pretty "meh". But TD's aren't fully about appearances. It was the food itself that took my vote. The individual shots had me drooling. Plus, what's not to love about home-made biscuits with home-made apple butter?  All the entries were great, but this was the one I wanted for breakfast today and tomorrow.

All of that plus that hash brown looked killer, but it was that Funky bi-valve half flip maneuver on the fried egg that locked me in.

Ends on Easter at 8 PM ET!!!!!! Get your egg votes in!

Hot stuff. The theme was eggs. You nailed it. Plus all that ridiculous flavour... chorizo, bacon, butter, herbs and spices... :drooling: and not to forget them homemade English muffins!

Ashen. Super close second. Bloody hard choice! Looked fantastic and tasted unreal in my mind. Never even knew sweet potato waffles were a thing... now I WANT! Preferably in the package you delivered... ;)

Vote could have easily gone to any one of the other dishes though.

(dragonfire's too had it been in the comp!)

Legit, one of the things I had to be picky about was canola oil... :crazy: That tough!

Awesome stuff, guys! :cool:

geeme said:
Gassy - yours was a very close second for me. Yah, what's in the fridge may be sparse, but it can still be mighty tasty. Well done!

I don't blame you, g! I would have voted for key's over mine too... ;) haha

Not that I'm the greatest cook anyway but it really was a last minute rush job. TBH, I wasn't even gonna enter but decided to just go for it after getting crazy inspired by everybody else! Votes are cool (and I did get some! :D) but I'm still more than happy to get a 'close second' mention too! :cool:

Thanks, g! And to those who voted for my dish... I've seen what you guys can cook and I feel honoured! :D

gasificada said:
Hot stuff. The theme was eggs. You nailed it. Plus all that ridiculous flavour... chorizo, bacon, butter, herbs and spices... :drooling: and not to forget them homemade English muffins!

Ashen. Super close second. Bloody hard choice! Looked fantastic and tasted unreal in my mind. Never even knew sweet potato waffles were a thing... now I WANT! Preferably in the package you delivered... ;)

Vote could have easily gone to any one of the other dishes though.

(dragonfire's too had it been in the comp!)

Legit, one of the things I had to be picky about was canola oil... :crazy: That tough!

Awesome stuff, guys! :cool:
Thanks gasificada! I'm honored.

Well, GIP, you didn't get my vote but you do get credit for part of tonight's dinner. I was going to go with a different method, but a couple of yolks are brining in my kitchen right now. I've liked runny egg yolk as a gravy on top of pulled pork for a while now, so I'm giving this approach a try. Though no official birds of Australia, and nor their eggs, were implicated in this preparation.

:party:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back