contest VOTE! Tortilla TD Round II

Who celebrated the tortilla best for Cinco de Mayo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome battle....and a darn good problem to have; deciding which plate you'd rather dig into!

....shame we can't taste'em!

These are closer than meets the eye! What a matchup!

Both had homemade tortillas.
TB used the tortilla in a new way with a seasoned puffy taco shell, Sum used the tortilla in a new way with a jenga presentation.
Both utilized a friend's homemade ingredient (JayT's sauce for TB, Scoville DeVille's powder for Sum).
Both had a homemade sauce (TB's Baja, Sum's pico).
Both used a jarred condiment (TB's ranchera, Sum's guacamole).
TB's method was inspired by a San Antonio style, Sum's method was inspired by... drunk naked Jenga during SDV's visit?
Both forgot TEQUILA or BEER on Cinco de Mayo!
Both are awesome.

Now... vote!

These are closer than meets the eye! What a matchup!

Both had homemade tortillas.
TB used the tortilla in a new way with a seasoned puffy taco shell, Sum used the tortilla in a new way with a jenga presentation.
Both utilized a friend's homemade ingredient (JayT's sauce for TB, Scoville DeVille's powder for Sum).
Both had a homemade sauce (TB's Baja, Sum's pico).
Both used a jarred condiment (TB's ranchera, Sum's guacamole).
TB's method was inspired by a San Antonio style, Sum's method was inspired by... drunk naked Jenga during SDV's visit?
Both forgot TEQUILA or BEER on Cinco de Mayo!
Both are awesome.

Now... vote!

My pics are a "Where's Waldo?" The beer is in there. Promise.

Sum, I love the coaxing of the flavors from that chicken, it looked like a confit that was still cooking.

TB, I love me a good onion roll, and I imagine with Jay'T's sauce it had some of that caramelized goodness going on in the tortilla?

I can't decide!

My pics are a "Where's Waldo?" The beer is in there. Promise.

Ohhhhhh I see the case of Busch like a puzzle piece! You may have just one-upped TB :lol:

Stop kissing ass(es) :lol:

20-20 wow this is a great battle.

Tough decision.

TB's was amazing...but there were a couple of ingredients that appeal to my personal taste. Even taking those out, it would have been awesome.

But...at the end of the day, after re-reading the ingredients, and methods, I had to go with the one I would sit down to, and wipe out as it sits.

Sum got me.

This TD is so difficult to call (props to both entries,) I'm almost decided not to vote. But since my sources tell me that that is against the laws of nature (and since it is my first ever TD vote,) i'm going to have to break a "tie" in my mind ... and flip a coin!

And the winner of my vote by the coin is... SumofMyBits! Congrats!!!!!

But I like shrimp as well :D so congrats also to Texas Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back