• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

How was it man? Pretty tasty? My mouth is literally watering and stomach is growling right now and I just ate 11 damn tacos for dinner like 2 hours ago. Thanks for making me fat Ramon!

I put your Pecan smoked scotch bonnet powder on my chilli(with beans btw) the other night...Sir, Yes Sir!

Well Mon, TFM dip gets a standing ovation!

It is hard to imagine how you would capture the effect of seaweed tea, unless you decided to do a time lapse and maybe use a control group. I'm sure you'll get around to all of that ;)

I think you definitely underlined the "CRACK" in crackers. Yikes, those must have been blistering hot!

How was it man? Pretty tasty? My mouth is literally watering and stomach is growling right now and I just ate 11 damn tacos for dinner like 2 hours ago.
I find your Pecan smoked scotch bonnet powder outstanding and will write down some cohesive thoughts about both powders soon. I am still testing more and taking notes. Will post these notes soon :)
Thanks for making me fat Ramon!
Control yourself mon, WalkGood runs off to eat more, hehe

… Well Mon, TFM dip gets a standing ovation!
Thank you!!! I love the TFM dip but IMHO I believe it should be more picante and that is a function of the number of pods used and heat level of the specific variety used. This is why I liked it much better with your SB Powder on it, Da Kin mon! Remember I only used 2 TFM pods, for a comparison the Jamaican Habanero dip you tasted had 10 peppers in it. Hmm maybe I'll throw all those peppermania sb's into a dip :)

It is hard to imagine how you would capture the effect of seaweed tea, unless you decided to do a time lapse and maybe use a control group. I'm sure you'll get around to all of that ;)
I already work more than I should in the garden … Pass … lol!

I think you definitely underlined the "CRACK" in crackers. Yikes, those must have been blistering hot!
The TFM one doesn’t strike me as hot as it was made with a non pepper eater in mind from Argentina and only had 2 TFMs. Now the Habanero dip is blistering but very tasty, add the powders and you’re on the money … as you said “blistering,” but very enjoyable!

LOL you piromaniac man! :onfire:
And you’re not, hehe … remember I’ve seen the video :D

Must say Ramon, wife the TFM dip! You're a genius! She's coming around!!!!!
I think you had that idea in mind from the start only giving me 2 TFM's ;) thus keeping the heat to mild, it's probably for the best you didn't answer the phone when I was making it or there would have been a lot more peppermania pods in there to increase the level of picante. I'm happy you both enjoyed it :)

I’ve just written 2 reviews and while I know both these gentlemen from the forums, both are unbiased reviews and strictly my opinion. While I pm’d both with a few questions, neither had replied by the time I finished my notes and final reviews. The fact is that neither has replied at the time of this post. Please feel free to comment back to me here wether you like them or not, hope you enjoy the read.

TFM scotch bonnet powder by STEVE954

Pecan smoked scotch bonnet powder produced by Jamison

If you have the chance to try them out, I highly recommend either one. While they are not commercially produced IMHO they should be.

Geez...you side tracked me with your reviews and I forgot to come back! Dip looked amazing...as does everything you prepare. If I ever do make it back down to FL....don't think fishing will be on the agenda. Just wanna sit in your yard, check out the orchids in the raw and chow down on some amazing food bruddah! Always leave here hungry!

Geez...you side tracked me with your reviews and I forgot to come back! Dip looked amazing...as does everything you prepare. If I ever do make it back down to FL....don't think fishing will be on the agenda. Just wanna sit in your yard, check out the orchids in the raw and chow down on some amazing food bruddah! Always leave here hungry!
Shane I'm speachless, thanks! You let me know if you do pass by and we'll hook up ... have a great day mon!

Mama got gifted yesterday for VD day and not once but twice ;)

Not much to update, loads of rain here last night and all day today so I only took a few quick pics. Babies are growing very slow, the largest one so far is #4 the White Bhut Jolokia:
2q8d72d.jpg

Too much rain, no good pics today and only five shot. Next up #2 Trinidad Scorpion:
rlhybm.jpg

Last a tray with 3 MoA’s scattered (wooden id tags), top row (left to righ) #2 Trinidad Scorpion Red, #3 Chocolate Scorpion and #6 Red Bhut Jolokia. Bottom row far right #5 Butch T Scorpion (the littlest girl)
10oqnut.jpg

Have a great weekend and thanks for reading :)

Cruising right along!!! This is the point in the season...after the sprouting is done that I wish I could fast forward to flowers...seems to take forever! You all down in fl got that licked...cause last year's plants are still podding up for you guys!

Cruising right along!!! This is the point in the season...after the sprouting is done that I wish I could fast forward to flowers...seems to take forever! You all down in fl got that licked...cause last year's plants are still podding up for you guys!
But I thought all you had to do was reach in that stuffed freezer of yours or are dem bags all gone o_O

Just remember that slow growth up top can mean that the plants on focusing energy on the roots, which is what we all want!
Good point, maybe that's why most of my plants don't need bamboo to hold dem up ... strong legs mon ftw, hehe

Great harvest, man, and that dip looks to die for! Love the look of Jamison's powder on top of it. That and the thais really sets off the presentation.
Brent, as always I thank you for the complements, it’s kind of small harvest but good enough for this time of year. In the summers I normally have much larger ones. Hope the boat load of flowers I had going survives the heavy rain we’ve been having the last two days. I’ll check and try to take some updated pics later.

Mama got gifted yesterday for VD day and not once but twice ;)
What really surprises me is that no one commented on what I posted above. Now guessing it was a poor jest, but it really made me laugh or did the links fail o_O

Nice updates and glad to see hooks and healthy seedlings.mmm. Dip!! I've had the priveledge to taste some of Jamison's powder. Nom nom. Not over powering and doesn't make me sneeze. !! Put the JA habs in two days ago and let them be while I'm visiting in laws in the San Fran area.

That dip . . . that dip. Rule 1. (this is repeated rule) Do not come to Ramon's glog if remotely hungry. Rule 2. Do not come to Ramon's glog unless have just eaten a very very fine meal. Those pot ups look like sweet little girls, Ramon. But I know they hellraisers and yes: strong roots. Nice sweet rich looking soil! and Rule number 1 . . . ;) again . . .

Great glog! You eat like a king. I'm jealous of your location and weather. Love your egg shell seedling pots. Very "green" idea. Keep up the good work and keep the recipes coming!

Back