• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

… I would leave her be for now. I would recommend some Bob Marley and maybe some red wine.

Putting her in the ground is not a bad idea, you do have a beautiful yard with plenty space bredren!
I might leave her alone but she’s back to drooping during the day in full shade and no more ingrounds for now till I build a raised bed one day. It’s easier for me to manage the soil in pots.

Yeah!!! What Steve said beootch!!! :rofl:
Still dark here now, I’ll do the same checks I’ve been doing the last 3 days before any rash moves.

Keep up the good work bruddah!
Back at you brethren!

Glad that plant recovered for you !! It sure looked wreaked in the earlier picture .

Peace,
P.Dreadie
IMO she's still in da woods, strangely she wakes up with upright leaves and by the end of the day she looks like the first picture, bad :/. Possibly removing all the pods might relieve some stress and then see how it goes in the shade a few more days, I'll make that call later. Still dark here but I’ll take some shots on sun up and update. Mon I hate this stupid daylight savings time change, why can’t we leave time alone -_-

Went out to take some pictures but I'm passing as she looks good, so no pics. As good or better as in the second pictures but I'm betting that by the end of the day dem leaves will be droopy again. For a minute I was perplexed but quickly realized that she's probably spending a lot of energy on dem pods. There's a lot of them and they're not full size or mature enough ... off come the pods today is my call. What do you guys think, do we concur?

I would've already pulled them, washed her and gave her a trim...but if she's doing OK...you could try pulling maybe half and see how she reacts if you are dead set on keeping a few. I would pull all the small pods for sure...and any blooms that haven't already dropped if you go that route. You could also trim back a few branches with a bunch of pods on them and hang them upside down to try to ripen them??? Up to you, but anything you do to lighten the load will help her toward recovery.

Sounds more like you want to change her diaper! She's a big girl and you're doing great job. I would leave her be for now. I would recommend some Bob Marley and maybe some red wine.

Putting her in the ground is not a bad idea, you do have a beautiful yard with plenty space bredren!
Yeah!!! What Steve said beootch!!! :rofl:
Keep up the good work bruddah!

Are Shane and Steve identical twins separated at birth? Hey, Ramon: we found blood family here! :rofl: Reunion at your place, Ramon. Pack ya gear, Shane!

Are Shane and Steve identical twins separated at birth? Hey, Ramon: we found blood family here! :rofl: Reunion at your place, Ramon. Pack ya gear, Shane!
I wish! All the folks at my last command are currently working out of West Palm Beach, would be nice to visit the Florida crew. I am stuck out here in Hell Cali...at least the weather is nice and we don't get any hurricanes. We do get the occasional rumble from below though.

I would've already pulled them, washed her and gave her a trim...but if she's doing OK...you could try pulling maybe half and see how she reacts if you are dead set on keeping a few. I would pull all the small pods for sure...and any blooms that haven't already dropped if you go that route. You could also trim back a few branches with a bunch of pods on them and hang them upside down to try to ripen them??? Up to you, but anything you do to lighten the load will help her toward recovery.
I was going to the first day but then she looked so much better in the morning … as you know sometimes your dammed if you do or dammed if you don’t but dem all coming off today.

Are Shane and Steve identical twins separated at birth? Hey, Ramon: we found blood family here! :rofl:Reunion at your place, Ramon. Pack ya gear, Shane!
Let me know in advance and maybe we can go fishing, start up a fish emulsion, pick some peppers or just be lazy and get drunk on some fine rum & coconuts \o/

I wish! All the folks at my last command are currently working out of West Palm Beach, would be nice to visit the Florida crew. I am stuck out here in Hell Cali...at least the weather is nice and we don't get any hurricanes. We do get the occasional rumble from below though.
Palm Beach is only 30 minutes away, let me know and I’ll drive on up ^_^

I'll update the glog when I do something with her, for now I'm home sick still with our younger one ... well he's almost 13 and he'd say "Papi I'm a teen" :D

How do you really KNOW, Shane? Yeah, those rumbles, a little footwork on sidewalk, in house--I lived in Hollywood after I cut my first album; ironically ya get used to it--but they got West Palm, you can git hit too! To be near your brother ;) (as if the military cares because I already know they don't--my niece married a lifer) but I like Ramon's reunion plans . . . you and brotherman Steve, reunited after all these years! What a sappy, sweet, I just :tear: up . . . excuse me: I have to take some weeping space :rofl:

... I lived in Hollywood after I cut my first album ... ...
¿Where can I find this album, what genre, is it in Spanish, did you do the vocals, etc. etc. etc.? Now you got me all excited for some new tunes \o/

Live via irc @WalkGood »» Foobar2k ::: Afro Cuban All Stars - A Toda Cuba le Gusta (1997) - 04 - A Toda Cuba le Gusta ::: 0:04/5:49 (••••••••••) ::: 479 kbps ««

¿Where can I find this album, what genre, is it in Spanish, did you do the vocals, etc. etc. etc.? Now you got me all excited for some new tunes \o/

Live via irc @WalkGood »» Foobar2k ::: Afro Cuban All Stars - A Toda Cuba le Gusta (1997) - 04 - A Toda Cuba le Gusta ::: 0:04/5:49 (••••••••••) ::: 479 kbps ««

The damned thing is weird. Just weird. Completely weird. I didn't upload it to youtube but some folks in Scandinavian countries . . . Denmark, Japan, Greece did--they like this weird, psychedelic hillbilly/folk/odd . . . I'll PM you with a youtube of that first one . . . that I by no means uploaded it as . . . I'd done a lot of stuff one "drops" so . . . my later stuff is more . . . "accessible" :rofl:

Glad to see that JA hab is doing we'll. In a little late for the party. But looks like its Doing well keep it up mon

I too got sucked into Shane's MG soil. Your three JA seedlings are in a test run. MG soil. MG moisture control. And roots organic. Will see which medium your plant will like the most

The damned thing is weird. Just weird. Completely weird. I didn't upload it to youtube but some folks in Scandinavian countries . . . Denmark, Japan, Greece did--they like this weird, psychedelic hillbilly/folk/odd . . . I'll PM you with a youtube of that first one . . . that I by no means uploaded it as . . . I'd done a lot of stuff one "drops" so . . . my later stuff is more . . . "accessible" :rofl:
I’m looking forward to spinning it ^_^, do you have any on WAV, FLAC or mp3 I can DL? I could play it on FB2k and broadcast over irc for the nerd tech world to hear see ;)

Glad to see that JA hab is doing we'll. In a little late for the party. But looks like its Doing well keep it up mon
Thanks Denniz ^_^

I too got sucked into Shane's MG soil. Your three JA seedlings are in a test run. MG soil. MG moisture control. And roots organic. Will see which medium your plant will like the most
I didn’t get sucked into it, it was by choice :) the whole story is I was having issues with my soil so I had stopped the compost and threw away what little I had cause of bad nematodes :/ Around the same time Steve recommended MG but I didn’t like what I saw available here. I liked how Shane’s plants were growing and asked him how he liked the MGMC and bam I bought some. So if it doesn’t work for me it’s my fault not anyone else’s :D

How are your JA Habs doing? Hope they’re kicking in … btw I like that green house you got, how’s that working out?

Minor update:
I just went out and striped her, not that many pods … totaled 50 usable and a dozen that go to the pepper water. Now it’s waiting game before dem new shoes ;)

2ibjhft.jpg

34osxzp.jpg

Thanks!; Me gusta Afro Cuban AS! "La madre es un surtidor/de miel que nunca se cierra./Es un astro en la tierra/brilla mucho mais que el sol." Que buena la letra!

Some songs, Ramon. "Juntos" an anti-play on "juntas" is in Spanish and Russian. But I want to remix/remaster it next fall/winter, so not on CD or for sale yet. One will NEVER be satisfied with a song. Never. But I want them respectable and quite frankly, I want to recut the entire song . . . I don't care what "famous" co-producers TELL me, as I have my own standards and if the song sounds better w/ me on acoustic, then I just recut with right musicians. And get told am "going over budget." If they'd shut up, we'd save some time/$! :rofl:

[quote she pulls thru this, she’s getting a new dress soil, pot & extra lovin :D
168x26a.jpg
5efqcw.jpg
2n868fq.jpg
34nh1na.jpg
1z6qmx2.jpg
10ncn0w.jpg
59y138.jpg
:D
168x26a.jpg
5efqcw.jpg
2n868fq.jpg

[/quote]
Careful, she might be one of those girls that respond bad to too much love...

The whole "I need my own personal space" kind of thing ;)

Cheers Al

Ps:could not delete the pictures w/ my phone

I've been out of the loop for awhile and missed the sadness with your Hab...I'm glad she's doing better. Greg's advice was excellent, by the way...
Thanks for stopping by & warm wishes Gary ^_^
Yayyyyyy Ramon. Great save my friend. I knew you could do it. Ohhhhhh, get those cardi's in some dirt brotha. Lets do this ODD thing together.
Thanks Pia, if I plant one of the two it would be the Douglah first (I really loved the taste) but if more than one definitely Cardi Scorp too ^_^ ... heck I loved dat taste too!
Now, Pia, should we gangbang Ramon's delicate sensibilities!?! Hell yes. :cool: Now ya got two women on ya, Ramon . . . whad'll it be? ;)
I think we’ll be getting the gangbang I've been banned hammer if we pursue this in public, let’s resort to pm’s and emails ;)
Wow Ramon, that is hectic. Man you must have a speed dial to JA, cause what you did to that - dead - plant is not short of a miracle! Good save my friend. Had it been me, it would have been a goner for sure :)
After that Reaper video I think you have more tricks up your sleeve than most so I think you would have won too :cheers: BTW the battle isn't over with her yet ...
Thanks!; Me gusta Afro Cuban AS! "La madre es un surtidor/de miel que nunca se cierra./Es un astro en la tierra/brilla mucho mais que el sol." Que buena la letra!

Some songs, Ramon. "Juntos" an anti-play on "juntas" is in Spanish and Russian. But I want to remix/remaster it next fall/winter, so not on CD or for sale yet. One will NEVER be satisfied with a song. Never. But I want them respectable and quite frankly, I want to recut the entire song . . . I don't care what "famous" co-producers TELL me, as I have my own standards and if the song sounds better w/ me on acoustic, then I just recut with right musicians. And get told am "going over budget." If they'd shut up, we'd save some time/$! :rofl:
Looking forward to hearing them :) & yea dem Afro C AS are awesome!
Careful, she might be one of those girls that respond bad to too much love...

The whole "I need my own personal space" kind of thing ;)

Cheers Al
Thanks Al! I really haven’t done much TBH. I flushed soapy water out, moved her to shade for a few days, noted minor improvements and finally today cut off all pods. Not much lovin from me, hehe. I’ll give her some time and then move to new soil when she's out of dem woods. I did find one of those pesky worms alive as I was checking how damp the soil was earlier but I done crushed him -_-

Update: born 3-14-13 Little not so much of a lady MoA ;)
I’m now 7/7 on MoA’s as one I planted a few days ago popped this morning, although I did loose 3 to death by raccoon :/ This has nothing to due with the 6 JA Hab’s I tested in coffee ground medium and to be honest I don’t think those will pop but wanted to try as it’s possible that this medium could keep arch enemy fungal gnat away :D

Anyhow I shot a few pics of her a few minutes ago and when you see the last shot you'll note where I came up with "dirty girl." So in her honor a little Lady Saw live via irc form JA [15:25] * WalkGood »» Foobar2k ::: Lady Saw - Strip Tease (2004) - 13 - Best Pum Pum ::: 0:21/3:25 (••••••••••) ::: 442 kbps ««

1ileee.jpg

28grnlk.jpg

2yo4qw3.jpg

Back