• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Agree with all above...don't kill the plant trying to save a few pods. If everything else fails you could even wash the roots completely clean, give them and the plant a little trim and repot in some new soil. I think shade, even 100% shade for a few days will tell you what the plant wants to do. If it starts to look better a gradual move toward more light, if it doesn't improve you may have to get a little more drastic. Good luck brotha...all else fails set it on fire in front of the other plants and scream at them that they're next if they give you any $H1T!!!

Agree with all above...don't kill the plant trying to save a few pods.
Agreed, I only felt that removing them all would allow the plant to focus on getting back on track quicker.

If everything else fails you could even wash the roots completely clean, give them and the plant a little trim and repot in some new soil.
Again agreed, I’ve done that before to others and that definitely works great. My concern in this case is that it looks weak and taking it thru that process would be tuff on dis old gal.

I think shade, even 100% shade for a few days will tell you what the plant wants to do. If it starts to look better a gradual move toward more light, if it doesn't improve you may have to get a little more drastic. Good luck brotha...
So we’re all on the same page, thanks for the opinions and comments, they are all very well received. You must have calculated that I like to bounce ideas off others and get feedback, this way if it fails I can always blame you guys ;)

all else fails set it on fire in front of the other plants and scream at them that they're next if they give you any $H1T!!!
ROFL

Ok, this is what I did; before sunset I flushed her soil one last time and left her alone. Early morning almost all the leaves were upright and only a few yellow, slightly curved up or burnt edges. While not perfect, at least her leaves were not doing the death dance of yesterday. I removed only the worst that came off easy, none of the ones still firmly connect and I’ve moved her into the shade with indirect lighting. I feel that she'll drop the other leaves if she wants or the wind will tease dem out. Once she pulls thru this, she’s getting a new dress soil, pot & extra lovin :D

Here she is just before her move this morning:
168x26a.jpg

5efqcw.jpg

2n868fq.jpg

34nh1na.jpg

1z6qmx2.jpg

10ncn0w.jpg

59y138.jpg

She's gonna make it...just put her in the shade for a week or so...
I was surprised at the change from yesterday, dam no more cheapo moonshine for her ;) Can't wait to get her into some of dat new soil, I have a feeling she'll take off again too. Thanks for popping in and noticing the change ^_^

Fingers crossed. She wants to live.
I think so too :) Muchas gracias!

Good advice Ramon--flush, pick pods, let her dry--and MG does just fine outside. Also, I think such a negligible about of ferts in it no effect to create "contraindication" with your organic feed schedule. Yep: she wants to live! Have been MIA and have some catching up to do on folks' glogs ;)

Good advice Ramon--flush, pick pods, let her dry--and MG does just fine outside. Also, I think such a negligible about of ferts in it no effect to create "contraindication" with your organic feed schedule. Yep: she wants to live! Have been MIA and have some catching up to do on folks' glogs ;)
Muchacha y tu me llamas sabelotodo, hehe! Te voy a llamar quando nesesito tu ayuda :) At least I was able to avoid “Pepperland Laid Waste.” In all seriousness she’s looking better and once she’s stronger I’ll change out the soil, unless she takes a turn for the worst and then it’s pods off and a quick pot change regardless. Thanks for stopping in and hope you had some fun while MIA’ing :)

@WalkGood »» Foobar2ooo \o/ ::: Beatles, The - Yellow Submarine (1969) - 12 - Pepperland Laid Waste ::: 0:21/2:15 (•••••••••••) ::: 192 kbps «« ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Like night and day! She looks Alive! give it a few days and go for the new socks!
Sounds like da plan so far, hoping every day brings progress to her ^_^

Nice save Ramon, and great looking out by the pepper community, I likes it! :)
Thanks Bill :) I'm hoping she keeps pulling thru, looks good so far. The hard part will be the transplant as I'm sure this one has loads of spread out roots. While the pot might not look it from pics, it's huge & heavy :|

ROFLMAO ... I may do the transplant before Saturday, I checked her soil today (yea I know that sounds dirty) and it's more moist than I would like it to be. This one's getting her roots washed as well.

Sounds more like you want to change her diaper! She's a big girl and you're doing great job. I would leave her be for now. I would recommend some Bob Marley and maybe some red wine.

Putting her in the ground is not a bad idea, you do have a beautiful yard with plenty space bredren!

Back