• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

I like those pod shapes, can't wait to stick my plants in the dirt under direct sunlight.
We're getting a break the next few days with the weather hitting the 50's. It's time to start the outdoor prep.
It will be nice to see your plants outside, any window to gift some of them a little sun before the big move or will the rest get jealous, hahaha

Nice update!

Pods, I can't wait for pods.

This ones in the recipe book, I'll be tryin' it soon! The foodies are half the fun!

Once again nice update Ramon!

Scott
Scot can’t wait to see your pods also, soon come … it should still be sometime before my little ones get big enough to pod and I will be planting more when the weather warms more. Looking good for after Easter :)

This is my favourite drool page :drooling:Nice going there Ramon!
Lournes that means a lot to dis off-da-wall guy, thank you … heck there’s Greg, Shane, Annie, Rick, Jamie, Pia and a whole lot more with dem great foodies …

Everyone, thanks for stopping in, reading and commenting. If I haven't gotten to your glogs, please forgive me, time is limited and I'm currently going thru some heavy trials & tribulations in my life.

I normally use left over Garbanzo’s as they are tastier and softer. But if I can’t I’ll Sauté the ingredients to soften and I believe makes the dip last longer. The latter is really not needed here as it doesn’t last more than a day or two in our fridge, hehe. Blend garbanzo beans, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder in a blender until smooth. Adding pepper powder is also a great way to increase the heat level. Since not everyone here eats super picante, I’ll normally do the powder onto the crackers that my son or I eat, enjoy!

OH MAN, Cuban Hummas! Love it Ramon.

those peppers are looking most tasty too.

@
stc3248
RocketMan
Stefan_W
stickman
Devv
thegreenman
Sawyer
DesertChris
JJJessee
Thanks guys, haven’t been spending much time here as my mother is in the process of passing and she needs her kids around, please no need for sympathy, I’ll say a few words when I’m back full time. Hopefully I’ll be able to pop in here and there to comment on each of your glogs but excuse me if I can't. My glog will have to fall behind for a little while, that said we’re planning a special dinner tonight, hopefully and I’ll try to take a few picture of the foodie. Have a great weekend mi brethrens!

Back