• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Wow Ramon,

I like that High-Key photography !

The meal looks tasty, I could have that right now with the Rum and Coke thats in front of me..

.I'm starting up my glog this weekend....so far so (Walk)Good with the # 1,2,and 3's....still just seedlings, in the shadow of some bigboys...
But I'll have a bunch of them...and when the sauce is ready towards the end of the season...you'll get a care package...

Greg

Thanks Paul :)

And here's the balance of shots from today ...
2ujrz2p.jpg

24qrark.jpg

I took this shot to show the percentage of large to small. I think there’s around 70% large and the balance of 30% is medium to small but all edible ^_^
152jh8k.jpg

Little powder does the trick before grilling, sorry no grill shots tonight was too hungry after reading this, this and all the other great food recipes from all you guys & gals *_*
ograr.jpg

2m4px7n.jpg

Ops forgot the tater skins, hehe
dr455f.jpg
Holy crap, it is awfully early in the season to post pics this yummy!

Wow Ramon,

I like that High-Key photography !

The meal looks tasty, I could have that right now with the Rum and Coke thats in front of me..

.I'm starting up my glog this weekend....so far so (Walk)Good with the # 1,2,and 3's....still just seedlings, in the shadow of some bigboys...
But I'll have a bunch of them...and when the sauce is ready towards the end of the season...you'll get a care package...

Greg

Thanks for wonderful coments as always Greg and I for one look forward to reading your glog so have a great weekend and save some of those cuba libres for the weekend as well. BTW how did you know my favorite libation with or without coke, rum's da kin mon! I know you’ll be busy as hell, so you should save some rum for then ;) and I'm sure you'll be enjoying every minute of it ^_^

Im affraid I will look very stupid licking my computer screen... so please no more scrummy food picks lol
Todays lunch below is just for you ;) oh and thanks for checking and I also enjoy reading your glog immensely :) Hope to see some of those giant bugs like dem sails soon, just keep dem there, hehehe ... on a more serious note you're pods are really kicking it :)

Holy crap, it is awfully early in the season to post pics this yummy!
Hey you had some yummy bean soup as well :) BTW how you feeling, hope you better and don’t forget, eat that pepper with something daily … I forgot to tell you how I soothed the sore throat, peppered rum ftw \o/

Lunch today … pan fried snapper in cap full of olive oil from some young virgin :D, sofrito starter, sea salt, black pepper …
vq1v2d.jpg

Throw onto a oatmeal bread with a little gray poupon mustard under snapper
16896ir.jpg

Melt a little NY cheddar cheese and pure heaven :)
2renqip.jpg

OMG, Ramon, that looks so good!
Melted cheese works every time!

OMG, Ramon, that looks so good!
Melted cheese works every time!
Thanks Paul, works for me too :)

Love those food photos.........I'm hitting the Fish Monge tomorrow.........................with my wallet.

A little fish in the glog this weekend................. :drooling:
Fish Monge, sounds nice … don’t forget to take some pictures to make me hungry :)

HELLS YEAH, that fish sammie will deffently do the trick! But, I don't see a Rum drink anywhere there, whats up with that?

:cool:
Thanks for popping by and noticing :) Sorry no rum drink as I’m not a social drinker, I only drink for the taste & effect ;) mainly on weekends when I have free time. Unfortunately I'll be away from the backyard farm this weekend so no drinking for me till late Sunday :/ Maybe next time I’ll show off my patented fresh coconut and rum drink ftw

Baby update :rolleyes:
#11 thanks Greg (Pic 1)
mj6zat.jpg

#12 transplanted, thanks Glenn (k. skwerl). For those that might not know, I crush and remove egg from baby and plant it too, along with 2 match heads for a little sulfer but far enough away from roots so as not to damage or over dose them.
2eyygkm.jpg

Edit: BTW I've not given up on the rest of my eggs, as a good Jamaican friend of mine always says "soon come mon" :D

Beautiful pics mon! Dem likkle seedlings are growing nice mon!
Thank you for checking mon, you have some great stuff going on as well and loved dem patties, great job!

¡Flash News bulliten!
#4 is up (White Bhut Jolokia), I’m so stoked ... \o/ ... This one I planted for our eldest son which we call #1 online :). His favorite pepper so far has been our JA hab since he first started eatting dem. FYI the list here and on my first post of this glog is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. But not in other posts, it would be a PITA looking where else I posted it, hehe. Even though I lost #5 while I was away :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg :) And yea I know this egg method is slow, but from all other's I've done in the past, I get faster results in summer ... who knows, maybe I try someting different next year.
2usfiuq.jpg

Interesting seed starting method there,might try it out on some once I can start some seeds outside.Nice little harvest! They look tasty but not as tasty as those food pics and that sammy,Man your making me hungry! Is that compost that the seeds are started in?

It's off to the races now, WG!
Thanks Doc! Now I need more to pop but we’re getting hit with a cold front, down to 49 or 59 tonight IIRC. That’s not good for my eggs, no heating pad, still old fashion way but I’m not giving up …

Interesting seed starting method there,might try it out on some once I can start some seeds outside.Nice little harvest! They look tasty but not as tasty as those food pics and that sammy,Man your making me hungry! Is that compost that the seeds are started in?
Yes compost, that might be why dem taking so long and we've had low night temps. Normally I just use some loose but good soil to get them started.

Ramon mi amigo!! Those food shots are unbelivable. Now I have to go eat again. Thanks a bunch ;)
Your food pics got me hungry as well, back at ya brah, hehe. So we’re getting another cool front, probably much colder up your way, hope it’s not too bad as the crop here don’t like it too cold and I'm sure the eggs don't :/

Back and a quick edit:
romy6 made me so hungry with his post here, I didn’t even wait to “like” the post and ran off to see what I could make for lunch.

Fortunately we had some thick home made pasta sauce left over which I threw on some toasted oatmeal bread, chopped up a pepper and covered with cheese. Threw on a few more small slices of pepper on top da cheese and into da broiler she went … Yea I know, “Poor Mon’s Pizza,” lol!

2zdu0sh.jpg

zob2g1.jpg

Jamie BTW I came back and "liked" it, awesome bro, you drove me to food, hehehe ...

Today's update: below #4 = White Bhut Jolokia, At this stage I find she looks a bit scrawny compared to others I’ve grown, but what do I know. WBJ first for me \o/

[15:35] <@WalkGood> #11 = red moruga, she looks a little stronger but still weak

Other than peppers, sorry no food pics today, I ate it all ;)

Back