• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Dang Ramon were you a photographer in your past life?

Now u made me more hungry :confused: ;)
Thanks Jamie I try shooting good pics but they don't always work out and we're all limited by our own gear, unless one has the best and mines far from it. As far as the food shots, the same happens to me, lol. I'll sit down ready to spend some time on THP and bam I read one of your posts or others and I get so hungry from seeing the great food, I have to run off and eat, lol.

Man, my screen is all slimey from licking it and I had to get a new keyboard as all the drool fried my last one. Watching your glog my friend is expensive! lol

Love the egg containers, what an eggcellent idea :)

Man, my screen is all slimey from licking it and I had to get a new keyboard as all the drool fried my last one. Watching your glog my friend is expensive! lol

Love the egg containers, what an eggcellent idea :)
Thanks Peri :)

Nice pod and good shots. Ride the wave man. Them plants look hella healthy
Looks can be deceiving, I finally found out what was causing symptoms that resemble over or under watering on my favorite and largest plant. Nematodes, I hate them bastards :/ After a four gallon of soapy water flush, I think I got them all. Although by Sunday I’m hitting the pot again just to make sure.

Still chuggin along I see! If you need any more seeds please let me know!
I chalk up low germ percentage to temp fluctuations we have this time of year between night and day. I don’t use a heat pad/mat, I’ve been taking them out days and inside nights but have a hard time keeping temp above 80. Although I’m not giving up and if they don’t pop in a few more weeks I’ll throw in another seed. For now I’m fine on seed, thank you for the generous offer, hopefully I can take you up on that some day or return the favor, respect \o_

Today's update: below #4 = White Bhut Jolokia, At this stage I find she looks a bit scrawny compared to others I’ve grown, but what do I know. WBJ first for me \o/

[15:35] <@WalkGood> #11 = red moruga, she looks a little stronger but still weak

Other than peppers, sorry no food pics today, I ate it all ;)

btw love the flower pics.. i promised my kids and wife i would plant flowers this year.. and not just peppers.. hahahah

hope the plants bounce back...

I got some flowers to start tomorrow for mama. Maybe that'll shut her up! :rofl:Hope your little ones figure it out and green up for ya!
Hope she likes dem, I picked a few for my wife and put in small vase this morning &hellip; not sure if she&rsquo;s even noticed yet, lol.

Great looking pics Ramon! I don't think the white bhut is scrawny at all. It is just so tough that it couldn't wait to get out of the seed casing, and is now well ahead of the game.
Stefan, thanks for the feedback as I&rsquo;ve never grown them and did not know what to expect. I&rsquo;ll take another picture in a few days to show progress, let me know what you think then. I wrote what I said above because after the hook turned straight there were no visible leaves, it was 1/8&rdquo; at the most, 24 hours later they seemed to appear and still look very small. Comparing it to all other peppers I&rsquo;ve germinated it appears wimpy that&rsquo;s all, I hope it turns out strong &hellip;

I planed on going canoeing today down the backwoods parts of the river to take some pics to show here, but now for another day. Instead I had a nice bike ride down to River Walk along the New River, jamming on some Mae to enjoy the ride. I hooked up with STEVE954 (Steve) to make a small seed trade and chatted peppers for a little while. He gave me a few seeds and a pod, I returned the favor with a few pods and seeds as well :) Edit: Thanks Steve ^_^

Edit: Steve please correct me if I&rsquo;m wrong ... The pod that Steve gave me below is a Scotch Bonnet-TFM pod variation from seeds he bought from Peppermania from Beth Boyd(Peppermania) has labeled "Scotch Bonnet-Jamaican." That said, it does not have a bonnet. I took the picture on one of my Heliconia leaves. I grow a few Heliconia varieties and if you don't know what they look like, click here to see my plant shown blooming.

Cut a few small slices to try it out on lunch ham & melted cheese, not bad taste more like a Scotch Bonnet than my pepper.

Couple more thin slices to test on some chili after I ate the sandwich, nice tasting ...

Tossed what left from the pepper into this machine, added some of my JA Hab and made dem spin, hehe

Tossed in a few other ingredients

Bam a hot dip spread for cocktail hour later

Toss on a few Thai Hots for decorative and added a sprinkle of powder for additional heat purposes and off to da fridge to harden up a bit. Goes good on any crackers ...

Looks good, Ramon. What ingredients do you put in the dip. Looks awesome. The presentation with the Thais is good. Same with the chili crackers.
While it&rsquo;s not really Hummus, you could consider it to be similar but taste completely different IMHO. It&rsquo;s my fathers (Papi&rsquo;s) concoction from many years ago, it&rsquo;s made with Spanish Garbanzos, but you need to slow cook it down till it&rsquo;s similar to refried beans. In fact I will occasionally make a similar one with Pinto beans as well from scratch. The key is to have a pressure cooker to soften the bean you use. You really don't need to grind with food processor but I take the fastest route to finish :D

Hope she likes dem, I picked a few for my wife and put in small vase this morning &hellip; not sure if she&rsquo;s even noticed yet, lol.

Stefan, thanks for the feedback as I&rsquo;ve never grown them and did not know what to expect. I&rsquo;ll take another picture in a few days to show progress, let me know what you think then. I wrote what I said above because after the hook turned straight there were no visible leaves, it was 1/8&rdquo; at the most, 24 hours later they seemed to appear and still look very small. Comparing it to all other peppers I&rsquo;ve germinated it appears wimpy that&rsquo;s all, I hope it turns out strong &hellip;

I planed on going canoeing today down the backwoods parts of the river to take some pics to show here, but now for another day. Instead I had a nice bike ride down to River Walk along the New River, jamming on some Mae to enjoy the ride. I hooked up with STEVE954 (Steve) to make a small seed trade and chatted peppers for a little while. He gave me a few seeds and a pod, I returned the favor with a few pods and seeds as well :)

Steve please correct me if I&rsquo;m wrong ... The pod that Steve gave me below is a Scotch Bonnet-TFM pod variation from seeds he bought from Peppermania, I shot the picture on one of my Heliconia leaves. I grow a few Heliconia varieties and if you don't know what they look like, click here to see my plant shown blooming.

Cut a few small slices to try it out on lunch ham & melted cheese, not bad taste more like a Scotch Bonnet than my pepper.

Couple more thin slices to test on some chili after I ate the sandwich, nice tasting ...

Tossed what left from the pepper into this machine, added some of my JA Hab and made dem spin, hehe

Tossed in a few other ingredients

Bam a hot dip spread for cocktail hour later

Toss on a few Thai Hots for decorative and added a sprinkle of powder for additional heat purposes and off to da fridge to harden up a bit. Goes good on any crackers ...

Bean dip looks awesome Ramon! No, that pod is from seeds Beth Boyd(Peppermania) has labeled "Scotch Bonnet-Jamaican".

bth_008_zps12db05cd.jpg

I ate half of the big jamaican hab and wow! The heat and flavor rival my red scorpions!

Nice appetizers, cooked down Garbanzos looks down right good ! Happy Hour it is !
Yep that pod looks like a TFM. (Trenton Farmers Mkt) No one really knows where the original seeds came from. But as I've seen in the W.Indiez....therez alot of podz called the Bonnetz.....mon

Back