• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wanna come to my buffét?

I ran out of chillies 2 weeks ago after my sauce-making. But, then i heard a swedish chili grower had a great harvest and told him i could buy some.

So,,, he sent me a package.

postboxchilixw0.jpg

It´s kind to hard to see them in their bags so i decided to take them out for a smell, some tasting and a bit of posing.

habsqj3.jpg

With reservation of the spelling!

This is what i got:

Habanero Mustard
Paper Lantern
Fatalii
Yellow Bumby
Naga Morish
Guadalope
Harold St Barts
Rocoto
Manzano

chilibuffe2ks7.jpg

Well, the price is embarrising low! If you have in mind that one 15 gram habanero in our swedish stores cost $2!

I paid €55 with postage! :P ~$75!?

He told me he would send me it for free at first and that he only wanted a couple of bottles of sauce, but i insisted that i wanted to pay something for his hard labour. I still consider the price symbolical since i value this so much!

I´ll send him some nice gifts!

I´d love to have all of you over for a big feast! :P

It´s kind of boring that i dont´t have anyone nearby to share all this amazing chillies with!

I´ll make a sauce especially for him and send a couple of bottles to him. With a label with his avatar from the grow forum that i know him from and then call it with something cool that reminds of him. Think that will be a nice gift!

chilehunter said:
thats a great selection of chiles!! :clap: enjoy the burn!
$2 for 1 habanero in the stores :lol:

I know, but still you buy it when you get the cravings! It´s so hard to get so the few shops that sell it can take whatever they want. Usually they just lay around and get bad because nobody buys them. Well,,, its not my problem for a couple of monts! :clap:

munchzilla said:
well, Sweden is kind of small so everyone lives near everyone here... but, I live in Luleå so not too close actually.:lol:

That isnt very true! Sweden is one of the longest in not the longest, country in europe with around 1,600 km from the north to the south. From Gävle its 820 km to Luleå. I went there for vacation in your beautiful archipelago last summer at an island called Sandöbådan. I went by car as a roadtrip through the north of sweden, inspired by Olle Ljungström´s "norrländska präriens gudinna". To much speed cameras to be fully enjoyable :clap:

How is it growing chillies up there! It must be impossible without greenhouse and plenty of extra lights. I´ve learned that some plants or trees that we take for granted in the middle of sweden doesnt exist or set fruit up there. Dont remeber what they were but i remember i thought they were very basic, like apples?

those peppers are beautiful and will make good sauces for you...

rainbowberry said:
Have you tried the Harold St Bart's before? They are one of my best tasting peppers this year.

No, i havent tried them yet. But i will today. Ate me through all the really hots yesterday :clap: Will slow down today with some habs :lol:

But as you say, i´ve heard they should be one of best tasting among the ones that i´ve got!

AlabamaJack said:
those peppers are beautiful and will make good sauces for you...

Yes! I´m sure they will. I actually had a hard time sleeping tonight, thinking about sauces and what flavours to mix :lol:

Went straight out today with some fatalii. In a bucket, in with the stickblender! And..... Oh, yeah!, The goggles, i forgot them! A drop right in the eye of:mouthonfire: fatalii-juice!

uUu said:
Yes! I´m sure they will. I actually had a hard time sleeping tonight, thinking about sauces and what flavours to mix :lol:

Went straight out today with some fatalii. In a bucket, in with the stickblender! And..... Oh, yeah!, The goggles, i forgot them! A drop right in the eye of:mouthonfire: fatalii-juice!

Ouch!!!

Back