• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

wanted: 7pod with the highest yield

Dont get me wrong, the flavor of the orange one was still good. But not as good and intense as a fresh one.  

The red one improved its flavor by drying.  

Im just asking for experiences with different colors, cause i want to know which ones are better for drying and which ones are better for simmering them.  ;)

jcw10tc said:
I had white 7 pot and white habanero last year.  For me the white 7 was at least twice as hot as the white hab.   My best producer 2 years in a row has been yellow brain strain.  Big thick walled pods and a lot of them.  Its also one of my favorite for taste.  No where near as hot as the red ones.   

I have picked a lot of pods like these off the 2 plants.  And one of them is loading up again, hope there is time for them to ripen.

The brainstrains on your 2 pictures look very different (in the top picture they look more orange and in the bottom picture more yellow and gnarly).
Is this just a matter of photography, or are they really that different?

Im in search of this very yellow and gnarly type of the brainstrain (if it exists :-) )

Zackorz said:
The brainstrains on your 2 pictures look very different (in the top picture they look more orange and in the bottom picture more yellow and gnarly).
Is this just a matter of photography, or are they really that different?

Im in search of this very yellow and gnarly type of the brainstrain (if it exists :-) )
They have evolved as the plants have matured. The first 2 or 3 pods that set looked like typical habanero. The next 10 to 15 looked gnarly like the bottom picture. After that they have smoothed out a lot but still big and tasty. Maybe they have darkened a little but color pretty much the same, might be a photography issue, lighting, camera etc.

Ok, thanks. Can i ask you where you bought the seeds? I have some sources, but would like to have fruits with the same look as yours :-)

7 Pot Jonah has been my highest producing 7 Pot this year,  growing Douglah, Chaguanas, Barrackpore, and Orange. 

Jonah easily outproduced them all so far. 

Zackorz said:
Ok, thanks. Can i ask you where you bought the seeds? I have some sources, but would like to have fruits with the same look as yours :-)
I got my seeds last year from a trade I think, this year were save from my plants last year.  I can send you some, but they are OP and cannot guarantee you won't get an accidental cross.

jcw10tc said:
I got my seeds last year from a trade I think, this year were save from my plants last year.  I can send you some, but they are OP and cannot guarantee you won't get an accidental cross.

Thank you very much for the offer, but i better buy them at my source then. ;)

@jcw10tc well, i seen that my "seed-source" has only -more or less- orange brainstrains.  If its ok i would like to get some of your seeds from last year :-)

Datil said:
It doesn't exactly qualify as 7pot but in the past season 7pot x c. frutescens produced like crazy.
That's one of those variety you need a chainsaw to cut down the plant at the end of the season :)

Cya

Datil
That seems like a really cool pod. Not to replace my "superhot", but i want to grow 1 frutescens at least, and that is definetely a cooler alternativ :-).

Is it stable, and where can i get it?

Zackorz said:
Is it stable, and where can i get it?

This one comes without indication of generation so your results may vary, anyway you can get it from Grant (JungleRain).
I've collected seeds but not going to share until i regrow it to verify the outcome.

Cya

Datil

Datil said:

This one comes without indication of generation so your results may vary, anyway you can get it from Grant (JungleRain).
I've collected seeds but not going to share until i regrow it to verify the outcome.

Cya

Datil
Ok, thank you ill give it a try.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
This guy was trying to cut back my yield on the 7Pod BBG

11905395_1064346810265711_3663397023600564265_n.jpg
get em chris !      :onfire:

Back