wanted Wanted unusual heirloom tomato seeds

I had some unusal varieties last year but the drought killed them all (they were in my dirt garden which God waters). I have some 7 pod red, chapeu du frade, and some creole tomato seeds I can trade for. Thanks. Send me a pm.

I have quite a few heirloom varieties I could hook you up with if you're interested. Left over from seed I purchased from Baker Creek last year I have: Cherokee Purple, Snowberry, White Tomesol, Pantano Romanesco, and Jersey Giant. I bought some Tsungshigo Chinese and Riesentraube this year from Baker Creek and have plenty of those to share as well. I also have some seeds that I've traded for (I'm not positive, but I don't think they were grown isolated): Pineapple, Green Zebra, Ananas Noire, Chocolate Cherry, Red Ponderosa, Jaune Flamme, Andrew Rahart's, Martino's Roma, and Black Russian.
If you're interested in any of those varieties let me know and I'd be happy to share them with via SASE/SASBE.

I had some unusal varieties last year but the drought killed them all (they were in my dirt garden which God waters). I have some 7 pod red, chapeu du frade, and some creole tomato seeds I can trade for. Thanks. Send me a pm.

Are you looking for anything specifically?

I packed some up for you; walking to the Post Office now.

What am I sending?

It's a surprise! :cool:

I love surprises. Here are the varieties I currently have: Brandywine, Black Cherry, Burgess stuffing, delicious, Juanne Flamme, Jersey Devil, Principe Borghese, Yellow Stuffer, Pink Cherry, Riesentraube, Basinga, Black from tula, Cherokee Purple, Roman Candle, Striped Cavern and Hillbilly Potato Leaf.

If you have something else I'd love to try it.

Thanks.

I'm back from the Post Office. Looking over your list, I did pretty good. You will now have a little extra of one of your varieties, however.

Your very welcome, and thank you for the pepper seeds last month. The Buht Jolokias are coming along nicely!

Have you tried Black Krim? Or a paste tomato called Costoluto Genovese. I've enjoyed both and have plenty of OP seeds I saved last year.

Tom

I have a number of heirloom seeds. I would trade for the peppers as long as I can get them real quick for this year or just wait and seed next year.

tomato, aunt Ginny's purple
tomato, Big Rainbow
tomato, depp's pink firefly tomato, gold medal tomato, granny cantrell tomato, green doctors tomato, heirloom mix tomato, hillbilly/flame tomato, isis candy not pure makes a huge plant with small red fruit -very large plant!
tomato, kellogg's breakfast RL or PL
tomato, Joe Thieneman's Australian heart tomato, Mc Clintock's big tomato, orange fleshed purple smudge
tomato, peron sprayless
tomato, Stupice tomato, Thai pink egg
tomato, unknown large plant saved from above not Isis Candy now an F2

Hope you can read this. I cut it from an excel file.

I'm back from the Post Office. Looking over your list, I did pretty good. You will now have a little extra of one of your varieties, however.

Your very welcome, and thank you for the pepper seeds last month. The Buht Jolokias are coming along nicely!

Hey Pash, got your seeds today! That was quick. Thanks a lot!

Looks like you've got a good assortment. Would you like to try Indigo Rose? It isn't an heirloom but it's definately not GMO. It's a new blue tomato variety from Jim Myers at Oregon State University. This will be the first year I've grown it.

Curt

You usually want drier, meatier tomatoes for salsa. Two popular Mexican heirlooms good for salsa are Zapotec Pleated and Tlacolula Pink, and they're also rather cool looking. I have seeds for both if you'd like to give them a try. Just send me a PM with your address.

Back