Wanting to grow something with a lot of heat.

First off, I'm from Kansas, I have no clue on how some of these peppers will grow here, but I'll resort to the indoors if I have too.  Anyway, I'm wanting something with a lot of heat, definitely more than a habanero.  Any suggestions, I have tried a dried Bhut Jolokia pepper, but that's it, I'm sure a nice fresh one would be much better.

This will be my first time seeding, hopefully I'm not too late starting.

Welcome from NC!! Start late? nah you should be great.  I just started my seeds last weekend and my super hots Ghosts, 7 Pots, Trinidad Scorpions haven't even popped up out of my starter soil.  I agree with the above posts.  I bought from pepperlover.com last year and the germination rate for all the peppers was awesome probably greater than 75%.  You can't go wrong with the vendor vault here too.  

As for peppers I would suggest any superhot.  Try Ghosts, 7 Pots, Trinidad Scorpions.  I would also suggest Fatali peppers.  Find one that stokes your curiosity.  You get a ton of them per plant and they are a tad hotter than Habaneros in my opinion as well.  Either way welcome and happy growning!!

Welcome... youve come to the right place.  My favorite vendors for seeds are refining fire chiles and jungle rain.  I have yet to try pepper loveer... but I have only heard wonderful things.  I recommend the 7 pot douglah, butch t trinidad scorpion, 7 pot primo, bhut jolokia caramel (jungle rain), mustard habanero, carolina reaper, bhut jolokia indian carbon, yellow scorpion (refining fire), 7 pot brainstrain, and the yellow 7 pot.  Those are the best tasting, best producing, most hardy, and most aesthetically pleasing of the extremely hot peppers i have grown.

from Oklahoma right under to you, you can order seeds(pepperlover.com, buckeyepepper.com are good places to start) and start right now indoors with a lightbulb and some solo cups that way they will be ready to plant in april when our last frost is.

There are lots of peppers hotter than a habenero actually. Buckeye has a sort by heat level these are there super hots: LINK

If you dont want to grow anything you can order a small flat rate box of fresh peppers from buckeye or bakers peppers

If you want hotter then a habenero but with great flavour and eatability I would say fatalii or Bonda ma Jacques to begin with ... And then if you are comfortable with those hit everything above in heat level. I would recommend yellow 7 pot/pod and TSMB and Naga Morich as being good producers and superhot

Welcome from North Central Kansas. You aren't to late to get started. With all this cold and snow it looks like spring will be late getting here this year. I normally don't grow anything hotter than a jalapeno , but this year that is going to change. I have some Trinidad scorpions, Brazilian starfish,Lemon drop, scotch bonnets, and several varieties of Habaneros growing indoors. I'm sure whatever you choose will grow just fine.

1. Keep an eye out for a SFRB (small flat-rate box) of mixed peppers here in the forum ads.
2. Buy one and ask the seller to label the pods for you so you can identify them.
3. Eat them, saving seeds from the pods, then plant those that you enjoyed (you can trade extras).
4. Be active in the community here, learning from others and sharing what you learned with others. 5. Trade seeds with other members and amass a huge collection of awesome pepper varieties.

There is no greater source for pepper-related knowledge than here at THP. You will notice that many members check in here daily. There is a reason for that. Good people sharing information for free. Welcome to the forum, hope to hear from you often, and best of luck with your growing.

-Mark

Awesome, thanks everybody for all the suggestions.  I might go with your suggestion ms1476 and order a box of mix peppers, just so I can try them all out and use the seeds for the following year.

I would go with a Fatali, they Yield great and earlier than a Buht. Pretty hot and they have lots of flavour. That or the doughlah varieties.

Back