• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Warning to all gardeners: Do not kill hornworms!

"you will burn in the eternal flames .... for violating one of the Ten Commandments"    Which one?  a graven image?  killing one another? (I have to be a hornworm to kill another hornworm)?  Ha ha.

The wife sets them free elsewhere - sure.  For them to eat my thistles??  Dandelions??  Just wish they'd eat the bindweed.

Wustenfuchs said:
I too set them free elsewhere!

I throw them into the street.  The cars kill 'em.
:)
BWahahahahaha!!
When i was a kid, my stepdad paid me  $.25 to fill a bucket with snails from the garden and empty it out in the road....lol
I bought a lot of candybars with the proceeds ;)

Man I hate hornworms....I killed thousands last year....maybe 200 so far this year.....

catherinew said:
"you will burn in the eternal flames .... for violating one of the Ten Commandments"    Which one?  a graven image?  killing one another? (I have to be a hornworm to kill another hornworm)?  Ha ha.

The wife sets them free elsewhere - sure.  For them to eat my thistles??  Dandelions??  Just wish they'd eat the bindweed.
yeah really, the you shall not murder (not kill) applies to another human being, i really hate it when people write there own interpretation of what it actually means and then insist its gospel because they said so :rolleyes:

whats the meaner thing to do??

set them free so they can go and damage a garden somewhere else or just kill them on sight??

thanks your friend Joe
DesertChris said:
BWahahahahaha!!
When i was a kid, my stepdad paid me  $.25 to fill a bucket with snails from the garden and empty it out in the road....lol
I bought a lot of candybars with the proceeds ;)

Man I hate hornworms....I killed thousands last year....maybe 200 so far this year.....
so i guess if you listen to this person your a mercenary and there's a hotter place in hell for you because you killed for profit??  LOL

good to hear from you again Chris

thanks your friend Joe

I don't know about the meaner thing, but I get quite pleased and happy when I catch and squish one of the sphinx moths...lol
Kind of like a pre-emptive strike ;)

ajijoe said:
yah really, the you shall not murd.  (not kill) applies to another human being, i really hate it when people write there own interpretation of what it actually means and then insist its gospel because they said so :rolleyes:

whats the meaner thing to do??

set them free so they can go and damage a garden somewhere else or just kill them on sight??

thanks your friend Joe

so i guess if you listen to this person your a mercenary and there's a hotter place in hell for you because you killed for profit??  LOL

good to hear from you again Chris

thanks your friend Joe
Thanks Joe!
Glad to see you here too :)

Hmmm... well I live in the desert.... and It is hotter than hell here right  now!!!!
I must be getting punished already ;)

DesertChris said:
I don't know about the meaner thing, but I get quite pleased and happy when I catch and squish one of the sphinx moths...lol
Kind of like a pre-emptive strike ;)

Thanks Joe!
Glad to see you here too :)

Hmmm... well I live in the desert.... and It is hotter than hell here right  now!!!!
I must be getting punished already ;)
:rofl:

Scoville DeVille said:
you guys are all missing out.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
you can have my portion

YUM ! !   Love the presentation!!  Think I'll pass on this appetizer.

Thanks for the picture - think I'll save it in the files for a winter reminder of what we're NOT missing!

How do you harden off a plant for the temps down there? Is there too much chlorine in the tap water, or should I water only with water from the Styx?

chico24 said:
How do you harden off a plant for the temps down there? Is there too much chlorine in the tap water, or should I water only with water from the Styx?
I harden off on the porch...and then right into the direct sun...if they die, then they weren't going to survive the extreme summer temps and wind.
No chlorine in our water here, we have a well. 

if they get caught anywhere near mine they are done for

bacillus thuringiensis is finding one bite and they die

then i see them becoming fertilizer

kill them all

I say we collect all our hornworms and bring them to this Momzer... He likes 'em so much, he can take care of 'em... :twisted:

Back