• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wayrights 2eleven

Wow , such a cool large flower on your "Flexuosum" for such a pea size pod......nice

I thought the same thing Greg!, funny how big the flowers are! :cool:
Those are some amazing pics Kev. That Aji Panca looks so tasty. How long is that badboy? But that flower shot from the champion is the shiat :cool:
Im not sure how big that Aji Panca is Jamie,,I know it tasted excellent tho! :lol:

Kevin

Reactions: dvg
Lovin' the pattern on that big ol Champion flower.

And man is there ever a lotta fuzz on those galapagoense stems...do ya ever get the urge to run your fingers over that soft downy fur? :lol: :rofl: :beer:

dvg

Vivid photos and good eye to all thing beautiful in a pepper garden Kevin. Your Primo 7 Pod look perfect and pack a wicked punch in a smaller size 7. Sorry for what I said about the Guam Boonie being small and hard to pick hope you forgive me. Really enjoyed following your grow all season long thanks for all your effort to update. Sure going to be nice for a little winter break. ;)

Beautiful pods big guy. I wouldn't expect any less from a Jedi master like yourself! Don't play with your lightsabre so much. . . . . .you'll go blind :rofl:

Lovin' the pattern on that big ol Champion flower.

And man is there ever a lotta fuzz on those galapagoense stems...do ya ever get the urge to run your fingers over that soft downy fur? :lol: :rofl: :beer:

dvg
Thanks Doug! Don't we all just want a lil furry bush
6.gif

Nice pics as always Kevin!
I knew you would dig that Inca Red Drop! Thanks Stephen!

Vivid photos and good eye to all thing beautiful in a pepper garden Kevin. Your Primo 7 Pod look perfect and pack a wicked punch in a smaller size 7. Sorry for what I said about the Guam Boonie being small and hard to pick hope you forgive me. Really enjoyed following your grow all season long thanks for all your effort to update. Sure going to be nice for a little winter break. ;)
Thanks Cappy! some of my late season Primos are as small as a large marble! :cool:
I'm hopin we get a few more weeks before we have to wrap it up for the winter! :dance:

Kevin

Wow Kevin, those look great! Interesting to see some Non-Chinense varieties out there.

Matt
I appreciate that Matt! I have alot of fun growing and tasting the different types! :cool:

Beautiful pods big guy. I wouldn't expect any less from a Jedi master like yourself! Don't play with your lightsabre so much. . . . . .you'll go blind :rofl:
Haha! and dont play with your lightsabre after you chop up chili's!!
sSW_darthvader.gif
Thanks Dan!

Nice pics Kevin. Your Aji Panca is a different variety than mine which has ridges and ripens brown.
Thanks SS! I got the Aji Panca from a member and I didnt know they were brown until you said something! :lol:
It is a baccatum and it tastes delicious! Any ID ideas??

Kevin

Well it seems Aji Panca may be too generalized a name as it seems there are, Chinense, Baccatum and even Annum versions. Mine is Chinense and came from Peppermania.

From conversations I have had with some older friends from Bolivia, it seems that they call several different peppers/cultivars "Aji Panca". They say there are red ones and brown ones, and they don't know taxonomy well enough to say whether they are different species or not. It seems it is a common name for several chiles/Ajies. They've also given to me little packets of Aji Panca powder which they say are the most hot of the powders they get. Most of us know of the more mild brown varieties grown in Peru. So....It could still be "Aji Panca". It seems they have only a few different names for a whole bunch of different peppers in Bolivia/Peru. I guess its kind of like many of us calling all chinense pods "Habaneros"?

Helluva grow Kevin.

When you're done for the season, I'd love to hear #1 - what your all-around, numero uno, most favorite, second to none pepper was this year. And #2, what was the most impressive new comer (if different to #1).

I have really enjoyed your grow log this year - one of the best I've read.

Keep your grow on, my friend.

Helluva grow Kevin.

When you're done for the season, I'd love to hear #1 - what your all-around, numero uno, most favorite, second to none pepper was this year. And #2, what was the most impressive new comer (if different to #1).

I have really enjoyed your grow log this year - one of the best I've read.

Keep your grow on, my friend.
Great question man,,Thats a hard one to call :)
As far as eating in the garden ,a new favorite for me is Inca Red Drop!
They have a great Bacc flavor with a nice punch, and its a quick heat.
To eat with a meal, another new one to me is Chocolate 7,
Im not sure its as hot as most supers,but it tastes wonderful.

Thanks for the compliment Rick, I had alot of fun with this years grow! :dance:
I still have another month, I hope. :) and I still have 2 or 3 types that havent ripened yet.

Kevin

those Inca red drops are VERY tasty! i will probably be germinating some seeds i got from the pods you sent! even the Wife likes them! :dance: :woohoo:

Those Inca are really good!!!
Caught me off guard when i threw a whole one roasted fresh off the grill in my mouth!!!!!
First Bacc i had tried and I was scramblin for milk standing over the sink drooling haha!!!
The smell fresh roasted off the grill is incredible!!

those Inca red drops are VERY tasty! i will probably be germinating some seeds i got from the pods you sent! even the Wife likes them! :dance: :woohoo:
Thats cool that your wife enjoys them Eric, My sweetie wants no part of spicy stuff! :(

Those Inca are really good!!!
Caught me off guard when i threw a whole one roasted fresh off the grill in my mouth!!!!!
First Bacc i had tried and I was scramblin for milk standing over the sink drooling haha!!!
The smell fresh roasted off the grill is incredible!!
Man I bet that is good!! With that nice crunch they have, yumm!! Is midnight to late to fire up the grill? :rofl:

How did you like the Galapagoense taste?
I'm not a fan of their flavor.
but the plants are beautiful!!

Kevin

A couple more things are starting to ripen up, and this weather is awesome! :dance:
I can actually stand out in the garden without melting!

Here is a PI 441656- C. baccatum var. praetermissum
The pod is small for such a big ol plant! :)
10-21-11PI441656.jpg

PI 441656 Flower
10-21-11PI441656flower.jpg

This is PI 594141 , Capsicum sp
10-21-11PI594141.jpg

A nice flower shot of my C Flexuosum!
10-21-11Flexuosumflower.jpg

Black Prince Flower
10-22-11BlackPrinceflower.jpg

:cool:

Kevin

Some really nice pepper flower pics there Kevin!

Really diggin' the Black Prince flower though, the way it just seems to hover in mid air waitin' for that pollinator to come by and do it's business. :lol:

And another interesting thing about the Black Prince flower is that it has six petals, while the others only have five. :cool:

dvg

Back