• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

We got Ducks

I love baby chicks!

ilovebabychicksro0.jpg

I got real excited once and thought ducks or chickens would be a great idea - decided on chickens in the end. Then I realised my Jack Russell would have a field day chasing the poor buggers around and I don't really want them caged up all day to avoid the dog :(

Consequently I don't have them. So I'll choose to life vicariously through you stillmanz :)

lol I got a bad tempered little jack too, but he's terrorfied by full size chickens so fingers crossed he will get used to these.

talas said:
Nat thats just cruel..Hes liking bringing up the ducks and the kids are enjoying it..Theres later of course ;)
Mybad. Heck, I just look at my peppers and enjoy how good they look. I wouldn't think of eating one. I'm thinking of getting a little baby cow and raising it as a pet. Cows are so cute and have those big ole eyes that just beg for a scratch behind the ear...

hehe, basically, I'm a food person. I look at everything with supper on my mind and I eat almost anything...

stillmanz said:
my 4 year old is already excited about eating the chicks I had to explain these ones are for eggs only lol

My good bless him what you being doing DAD..Lets hope he doesn't want to try a Naga..Kids they come out with some fantastic things at that age :lol:

NatGreenMeds said:
Mybad. Heck, I just look at my peppers and enjoy how good they look. I wouldn't think of eating one. I'm thinking of getting a little baby cow and raising it as a pet. Cows are so cute and have those big ole eyes that just beg for a scratch behind the ear...

hehe, basically, I'm a food person. I look at everything with supper on my mind and I eat almost anything...

Oi leave the Cows alone..Its a cow day here today

cow10.gif

See cows can do manual labour to...

cow15.gif

stillmanz said:
not sure, I'm starting to run out of space. lol

:lol:
do you live in city limits or on some acreage ? I ask because of the fence & neighbors close to ya & space issue, then having the ducks & chickens.

wild ducks are some cool creatures to have around in your ponds.
recently I've been wanting to raise some turkeys, the wild kind or this type (not a wild type but a hybrid)

Royal-palm.jpg

not the basic all white ones on the turkey farms. turkeys give more meat & tasty! & they look cool.
do you aussies have turkeys there ?

heres a little history tidbit
ben franklin wanted to have the american wild turkey as USA countrys bird instead of the bald eagle, he didnt put alot of effort into pushing for this but did some.

Back