• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Went out to purchase Defcon sauce, came back with Daves Ghost Pepper.....

I've only tried the Ghost pepper sauce. While it's not the worst sauce I've tasted, I wouldn't buy it again. It's okay in small doses but it's certainly nothing I would smother on my food or dip chips into.

Each to their own...I'm sure there are a lot of lovers of the stuff too.

As an addition to my post above....I just used some of the Daves Ghost Pepper sauce on a pork chop sandwich and regretted it afterwards. Totally messed up the taste. Bah! I think I'm going to pass the rest of my bottle onto someone else.

What... you don't enjoy dave's "gourmet" taste?

hahah...

after my bout with Daves Anus-insanity sauce, I refuse to buy any more of that rancid fecal mater even if he has an all natural product... clearly that guy has the taste buds of someone who not only smokes, but chews the butts when they are done with them and drinks a gallon of 5 dollar rye every day...

The only possible thing I may be able to use it for is a heat adder in something with a strong taste... perhaps a meat and bean chili or something... everything else I tried to mix it with, totally ruined the taste... I thought the natural one...or the one with out his extract fermented in highschool hockey rank player's pads for 6 moths and then let to rest in a vat of dirt and the cast offs from a pepper picking company wouldn't be as bad.. but... looks like the ghost is not worth buying for anything....

With literally thousands of good tasting sauces out there.. why the hell is Dave's "gourmet" still in business with his crappy tasting stuff?

As an addition to my post above....I just used some of the Daves Ghost Pepper sauce on a pork chop sandwich and regretted it afterwards. Totally messed up the taste. Bah! I think I'm going to pass the rest of my bottle onto someone else.

Well if Central Market don't pull their fingers out it looks like I'll be hitting your stall at Zestfest for my first sample, Creator.

I was going to buy a bottle of Daves the other day... I'm now very glad I didn't as it was $16au for the 5oz! Settled with El Yucateco Exxxtra for a more reasonable $6au.
God damn you Australia...

I hate extracts, BUT Defcon's products are freakin' magical! I love that stuff! the Zero sludge is the shiznit! GOOD STUFF! BEST STUFF!

and breath ouuuuuuuttttttt

From I have seen and read here and other places I am really curious how he does it...... and a taste of #1 at a friend's house(he got it on a trip to see family in Jerrrsey)I have to say that he has found a way to make an extract that does not taste like an extract as I have come to think of an extract.

and breath ouuuuuuuttttttt

From I have seen and read here and other places I am really curious how he does it...... and a taste of #1 at a friend's house(he got it on a trip to see family in Jerrrsey)I have to say that he has found a way to make an extract that does not taste like an extract as I have come to think of an extract.
The same over-sized brain responsible for those oh-so-delicious sauces is what getting him closer to world domination. beware of the Creator. beware now before it is too late.

I have to say that he has found a way to make an extract that does not taste like an extract as I have come to think of an extract.
That's the whole idea. I find it rather humorous that people just flat out dismiss ALL extract sauces immediately because of either what they heard or they tried a couple nasty ones. Virtually anyone who tastes the #1 doesn't believe me when I say there is extract in it. I don't tell them there is until after they've tried it, so they give me an honest answer first and then I hit 'em with the facts.

Maybe you should use a different term to describe it. the word extract just sounds chemical these days. essence perhaps? natural essence sounds good.

Thought about doing that, but decided against it. If someone is going to instantly dismiss a sauce becaause it says it says it has extract in it, well, that's their problem. It's kind of like not looking into the ad for the 1970 Plymouth, because it says '1970 Plymouth', not knowing it's a Superbird with a hemi in it. For years, the #2 was our best seller by far, the #1 is rapidly catching up this year.

I was going to buy a bottle of Daves the other day... I'm now very glad I didn't as it was $16au for the 5oz! Settled with El Yucateco Exxxtra for a more reasonable $6au.
God damn you Australia...

I love that El Yucateco Exxxtra (Mayan recipe). Great taste & it's only $2.39 at my local Latino grocery store. hard to beat delicious & cheap.

Also, World Market around here usually has Melinda's Ghost Pepper for about $4 or $5. It's non-extract, about as hot as Justaguy's Tongue Wrapper, but not as tasty.

Creator, I don't think you can blame people for being staunchly anti-extract....so many people are repulsed by that same taste in many different sauces over and over again. Just be patient in educating people I guess....I for one am looking forward to tasting your sauce with extract in it....now I've been told by a lot of people that it doesn't taste like licking a rusty pipe like so many of the others seem to ;)

And Gurloes, I too like that El Yucateco Exxxtra (Mayan recipe) sauce, I spread it on burgers last night and it was delicious!

I visited Central Market today and once again, not a sniff of the Defcon sauces. I did however come back with some Melindas Habanero and Iguana Atomic Habanero. Have yet to sample either of them but for $3 each I thought it was worth a shot.

Back