• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grocery went to the asian grocer looking for...

hot pepper-infused, coconut water & saw this instead.  :shocked:  Its as big as a bag of sakrete!

10811046326_d84e6b7092.jpg

i get frozen destemmed thai peppers from an asian market in saint louis, and best of all fresh peeled garlic for 1.99 a pound , the seafood smell is horrid going in, but worth it

i think next season im gonna find someone thats speaks english and try to buy their dead fish to bury in my garden before i plant, this place is huge, has tons of fish, eel, turtles swimming in separate tanks, combined there must be 5,000 gallons there

5 POUNDS????  su-WEET! 

yeah they have those here too.. but they come in 5 and 20lb bags... you should look into getting some dragon fruit to make sauces there also.. the ones here are about 5.00-7.00 each.. it only takes two to make a kick butt batch..)

$19.99 as well although I'm not endorsing anything and I haven't mentioned the name of the establishment.

Was looking for some pepper-infused coconut water. Read that it was good for the epidermis in the overcast months of fall/winter. Turns out that a local national chain is supposed to carry that coconut water. It looks like it'll be cost prohibitive as its marketed to Americans so its $2+/can

howardsnm1 said:
yeah they have those here too.. but they come in 5 and 20lb bags... you should look into getting some dragon fruit to make sauces there also.. the ones here are about 5.00-7.00 each.. it only takes two to make a kick butt batch..)
the other store had fresh dragon fruit, now that you mention it, This area has two large asian grocers within 1/2 mile of eachother. I was looking for low-salt, white, miso as well but could only find the darker colored, variety.

ah yes a big Honkin bag of CHI THIEN!! the town of TIANJIN is in China that is unless China has taken up growing the THAI RED which would not surprise me, I don't think there is much difference between the two species they are interchangeable for cooking
if they came from Thailand they would be THAI REDS
a small bag of Thai Reds from the local Asian grocery store were my first seed source for the first hot peppers I ever grew!!!
I never bought or even seen a 5 pounder though wow!!

these are very useful and economical too!!

thanks your friend Joe

Back