What a Combination

A friend of mine sent me a care package last week with something called Jerk Juice. Let's not get started on the name. lol.

It's a mixture of rum, chocolate habanero, and many other spices. It's is INCREDIBLE on so many things. Put some in baked beans, drizzled on shrimp, etc. I don't even drink alcohol, but I wouldn't mind a gallon of this stuff!

Chris

That sound good Chris, but is it a sauce that has Rum or is it Rum that has pepper and spices in a tea bag. I'm thinking of making something very similiar to this for Christmas gifts. A name change would be a good idea.:onfire:

Jerk sauce is popular over here and comes in many flavors and heats,Jerk chicken is just fantastic with a well made sauce and theres even one thats great for breakfast..reggae reggae sauce is just awesome with bacon and eggs :whistle:

I make Jerk Chicken all the time. Love it !! There are hundreds of recipes for making Jerk Sauce. Here's my version.

DREADIE’S JERK SAUCE
This is a basic recipe, you should “play & jam” with dis mix, ‘till all de tings jus’ right.
Play with the sweetness & the tartness.The basic “spice” mix is pretty nice. Play with
the “heat” for sure!!

2-tablespoons brown sugar
2-” “ Thyme
2-” “ Allspice
1-tablespoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 “ “ Nutmeg
1/4 cup Soy sauce
“ “ Canola oil ( you want oil w/ o much taste of it’s own. No olive oil)
1/6 cup Cider Vinegar
Juice of 2- 4 limes
12 or so Green onions. White & green parts
6 Cloves Garlic
1-2 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Peppers or more that's up to your taste

Process everything in a blinder until you get a smooth paste.Should be thick, but not so thick it won’t run.
Marinade Chicken or Pork for 24 hours.Cook on slow heat with lots of mild smoke ( cherry,
apple, etc.) until done. You can add soaked allspice berries for flavor, but they cost a lot.
I use a coffee grinder to grind the allspice berries and black pepper.

You can get good fresh spices from: Penzey's Spices http://www.penzys.com
Much cheaper & fresher than local stores

Peace & enjoy ,

P. Dreadie

Back