• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

once again, gotta Join The Band

F

E

A

T

!!!!

on 33rpm.

and if you'll be my Dixie Chicken, I'll be your Tennessee lamb~~~

anyone else at the Commodore Hotel???

Al Stewart The only person I know who could put history to music. Year of the Cat, Roads to Moscow, Palace of Versailles, Time Passages, Merlin's Time, Helen and Cassandra, Running Man, and others.

What about Billy Joel's `We didn't start the fire`? You may find the occasional historical reference in that song.
love this version

You can hear the Johnny Cash version in Kill Bill 2 when Uma Thurman gets shot in the chest and buried alive. :)

What about Billy Joel's `We didn't start the fire? You may find the occasional historical reference in that song. Jeffrey Buckley nice song he sounds more like jazz.

I love that song. Al Stewart though has made it his specialty to write songs about the people, events, and the times. Even mentions Churchill's hiccup in his "League of Notions". Also is a great guitarist.

http://youtu.be/sILQz7O0XzQ

All mechanical and no soul like Stevie Ray Vaughan. I am frankly tired of all these guitarist who do nothing but arpeggio movements to show off the scales they have learned.
Sorry but as a guitarist and fan of guitarists for many years I am not impressed. He is good though and has practiced his scales. As far as technical guitarists go he is nowhere near Joe Satriani or Steve Vai who he is emulating.

To me sounds like he is a Vinnie Moore type guy. Kind of 1986, but I liked it back then.

That Entwistle made me go put some Rush on. Rock on folks.

This belongs in the Hippie thread! :party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paq91F6r2ww

Great song the recorded version is a lot clearer but there isn't a youtube of it :P He starts singing the verse during the bridge live :D

Back