• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Mr. West,

Great pull! That song was a collaboration with Billy Mumy, the little red-headed kid on the American TV series Lost in Space. Not a "top 40" hit mind you, but at the time, "cutting edge" bizarre in the infancy of MTV. I recall discussions of basically what is "steampunk" and comparisons to David Lynch's Eraserhead  concerning the early part of the video. But I don't think the Steampunk  terminology had yet been introduced as lexicon.

Concerning Eraserhead which is touted as some kind of "Holy Grail" of filmmaking, I've watched it younger as well as older, sober and imbibed and still think it sucks. To me, I liken the film to the old story of the Emperor's New Clothes.....

I reckon I broke ranks in commenting here, my apologies. But I felt compelled to do so....

WarrantMan said:
Sorry, back to the music...
Crank it up! I've got one of those Ipod things that's got a ton of music on it ..... I was at a tail gate a couple of months back and we had it hooked up to a speaker ..... We had a challenge the Ipod competition.  Everyone would ask do you have this or that? ...... anyway, one of my buddies asked for April Wine.  Won that challenge ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, I'm old.

Back