• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What I am growing this season.

LordViykor said:
It does have positives, I hated working all day then going to TAFE for 3 hours at night.

I've still got my herbarium pressings somewhere.

I couldnt do the night thing ! My hats off to you !
LOL, I have to do a heap of pressings/ identification !
around 100 plants, from flowers to shrub to tree !!

patrick said:
Best of luck to ya Ian. You can do what ever you set your sights on man.

You used to that wife word yet?

;) Man without a plan is lost before he starts.

The husband thing is weird to hear as well !

LGHT said:
1000 possible plants? I hope you have help

I have a retired old lady next door that luvs to garden, so she tinkers when she feels like it, and makes up where I leave off !
Good deal ! She just wants my lemons ! :lol:

Is there any superhotties I have missed ? - JR is sending the last of the Scorps and 7 pod. anything else I should be growing ??

That's a truly incredible list, and I wish you well with it, mate!

To be honest, I have never heard of most of those...!

huntsman said:
That's a truly incredible list, and I wish you well with it, mate!

To be honest, I have never heard of most of those...!

Thanks Huntsman !
Only 5 or 6 that are mild or no heat, the rest are hot or super hot!
Its going to be a busy season !:onfire:

I looked at your list, and after the jealousy passed, the first thing that popped into my head was Steve Irwin saying "flat out like a lizard drinking"

f'ing Aussies, you guys are IN MY HEAD.

One of these days I'm gonna have to pick up and move there.

Update photos of whats going on, as I have had time to get out to the garden !
A few things in the grow tunnel;
P1010360-1.jpg

Will get photos of other beds too, but here is one;
( the new beds will also stretch right up to that tree. As I have not had time they are not in yet.
P1010361-1.jpg

Gravel is going in around the beds above so you wont see the grass, and I wont have to deal with it soon !
getting the old green house ready too! It was like a jungle ! I should have taken before and after shots.
P1010364.jpg

Much more to come , i will put together a grow thread one day :lol:

Mate your gonna be a busy boy, looks awesome.
How many plants are you gonna have in?
Are you going to put everything on drippers? that would be the go otherwise you will have to hirer someone to water the buggers lol
Whats your temps like at the moment?
Its like frigging summer up here at the moment but NO rain so we is mulching alot and using peat based soils to get better retention.

what variety would you say you are concentrating on this season?

Mick

stillmanz said:
Mate your gonna be a busy boy, looks awesome.
How many plants are you gonna have in?
Are you going to put everything on drippers? that would be the go otherwise you will have to hirer someone to water the buggers lol

Combination of drippers, micro sprayers, sprinklers, and hand watering/feed.
Im still trying to get parts for my aquaponics system too which will be linked through part of the system.
Hopefully around 500 producing plants.

Whats your temps like at the moment?
Its like frigging summer up here at the moment but NO rain so we is mulching alot and using peat based soils to get better retention.

Temps are erratic, as in we had 30+ last weekend and this weekend its raining and miserable. The humidity in the tunnel is perfect though sits around 60% up to around %80. Regulating by opening and closing the ends.
I am mulching heavy this year with sugar can mulch.
We are using a combination of composted duck, horse, chicken manures & mushroom, coco coir, peat, worm castings, great soil with water crystals.

what variety would you say you are concentrating on this season?
4 varieties:

Bhuts
Bih
Scorpions
7 pod

Most for sauce. Trying to find the best gene of each of above for mass production next season. ;)

sounds like a plan, nice choice of 4 how many of each in your test crop?
In my experience those 4 your concentrating on produce excellently I'd keep them in green house environment but as they don't seem to do much until humidity and bottom temps are way up. Can't wait to see them all in a few months. Gonna be very cool
hey have you got bore water/ tanks etc or are you on town water gig?
just curious to see comparisons from treated water to not treated, be an interesting comparison.

stillmanz said:
sounds like a plan, nice choice of 4 how many of each in your test crop?
In my experience those 4 your concentrating on produce excellently I'd keep them in green house environment but as they don't seem to do much until humidity and bottom temps are way up. Can't wait to see them all in a few months. Gonna be very cool
hey have you got bore water/ tanks etc or are you on town water gig?
just curious to see comparisons from treated water to not treated, be an interesting comparison.

I use both.
I have 2 40K tanks for house, and few other 500ltr tanks scattered around.
We are also hooked up to town water.
I have and will be using both ;)
I try to keep it to tank though.
My aquaponics will serve as a "filter" for new town water soon .;)

Bhut - 40 +
Bih - 20 +
Scorpion - various strains - 80+
7 pod - various strains - 80 +

Wow, what a great growing setup! You're going to have some happy-as peppers in there.

I'm jealous of all the room you have. I have a tiny 2 meter by 5 meter patch to play with peppers.

Looks like you're going big guns on the 7's and scorps this season. I anticipate you topping the heat level of your ghost pepper sauce come harvest time.

smariotti said:
Wow, what a great growing setup! You're going to have some happy-as peppers in there.

I'm jealous of all the room you have. I have a tiny 2 meter by 5 meter patch to play with peppers.

Looks like you're going big guns on the 7's and scorps this season. I anticipate you topping the heat level of your ghost pepper sauce come harvest time.

Thanx mate!
Yep big on 7 and scorps, we will have 2 new sauces this year. One Hotter than GPS, the other will be a hab based everyday sauce.

Back