• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What is the "Hot" Pepper to be Growing in 2009...

Well, I'm growing all the new superhots, as a novelty: all the new colors 7 Pods (yellow - this one is already giving me mature pods now, because I started it last Autumn, as I did the T. Douglah who has just the one pod, and still green ), Brown 7 Pod (I think it's the T. Douglah, but Trini gave it to me with this name this year), Orange 7 Pod, Trinidad Scorpion yellow, Mourouga red and yellow, Bhi orange, Chocolate Scorpion, Chocolate Bhut, etc., but just for fun...

Out of interest, I'm growing all the crosses that I could get from friends, and I'd like to stress my thanks to J.F., SBS and Luigi... I'm very curious to see what comes from them :)

And don't laugh, but my most cherished collection of this year are my Jalapeños ! :lol:
I manage to gather 33 different varieties of Jalapeños! They all sprouted by now except the Hercules, Guachinango, Cuaresmeño and Texas Roadhouse :(... I'm going to try to germinate them again... let's see...

I'm also growing a lot of others, including my beloved Fatalii (red, yellow and chocolate) and Lemon Drop. And all my Habaneros (they are at the moment something like 40-50 different varieties) ... Those are always on my growing list...

All the wilds, of course...

And that's it...

Ah, about the ornamentals... I'm very eager to see what comes from the new 3 varieties that were so hard for me to find... Purple Flash, Calico and Sangria (ty Vladan)! In time I'll show the photos, of course... ;)

whocares said:
Well, I'm growing all the new superhots, as a novelty: all the new colors 7 Pods (yellow - this one is already giving me mature pods now, because I started it last Autumn, as I did the T. Douglah who has just the one pod, and still green ), Brown 7 Pod (I think it's the T. Douglah, but Trini gave it to me with this name this year), Orange 7 Pod, Trinidad Scorpion yellow, Mourouga red and yellow, Bhi orange, Chocolate Scorpion, Chocolate Bhut, etc., but just for fun...

Out of interest, I'm growing all the crosses that I could get from friends, and I'd like to stress my thanks to J.F., SBS and Luigi... I'm very curious to see what comes from them :)

And don't laugh, but my most cherished collection of this year are my Jalapeños ! :lol:
I manage to gather 33 different varieties of Jalapeños! They all sprouted by now except the Hercules, Guachinango, Cuaresmeño and Texas Roadhouse
:(... I'm going to try to germinate them again... let's see...

I'm also growing a lot of others, including my beloved Fatalii (red, yellow and chocolate) and Lemon Drop. And all my Habaneros (they are at the moment something like 40-50 different varieties) ... Those are always on my growing list...

All the wilds, of course...

And that's it...

Ah, about the ornamentals... I'm very eager to see what comes from the new 3 varieties that were so hard for me to find... Purple Flash, Calico and Sangria (ty Vladan)! In time I'll show the photos, of course... ;)

Do u have a favorite jalapeno to recommend?

Hi skealo, not yet! :) This is the first trial year... Last year I've grown just one with no nomination, and the Jumbo. Loved both :).

33 varieties of jalapenos Margarida? WOW. You've hit the record. I wish I could stop by your balcony come harvest time. I love jalapenos and would do some taste tests with you. :)

Chris

Man, 33 Jalapenos is incredible! Would you mind posting that list? I need to copy and paste. That could keep me busy for the next 10 years. I love Jalapenos too!

cmpman1974 said:
33 varieties of jalapenos Margarida? WOW. You've hit the record. I wish I could stop by your balcony come harvest time. I love jalapenos and would do some taste tests with you. :)

Chris
+1
+2
+3
+4
+5
+6

Ah, about the ornamentals... I'm very eager to see what comes from the new 3 varieties that were so hard for me to find... Purple Flash, Calico and Sangria (ty Vladan)! In time I'll show the photos, of course... ;)[/QUOTE]

Here are some pics of my Sangria and Purple Flash plants. The photo doesn't show the colour as well as in real life.
The Sangria has purple streaks through the stems and the Purple Flash has lots of different colours through the foilage. These will look stunning once fruiting!

The two on the left are Sangria one on right is Purple Flash
11e4caf9bc75471f9ddb05cdbd887a0c

This is the Purple Flash
2d614bb6c3f34edc93842c96253881e4

These are Sangria
f01cc578f1f04e88b07017f2a068e564

cmpman1974 said:

Chris

Eheh Chris, that's easy, there's just one ocean to cross... You're already invited for the grand dégustation! ;)

bigt said:
Man, 33 Jalapenos is incredible! Would you mind posting that list? I need to copy and paste. That could keep me busy for the next 10 years. I love Jalapenos too!

Sure bigt, here it is :)
I'll take the chance and ask if anyone has another variety of Jalapeño! You know I'd love to have it! ;)

Jalabanero

Jalapeño "Moranguinho estriado"

Jalapeño Biker Billy

Jalapeño Ciaraleño (Tondo Stuard)

Jalapeño Conchos

Jalapeño Cuaresmeño

Jalapeño Early

Jalapeño El Jefe

Jalapeño Fooled You

Jalapeño Fuego

Jalapeño Gigantica

Jalapeño Graigs Grande

Jalapeño Guachinango

Jalapeño Hercules

Jalapeño Jalapa

Jalapeño Jaloro F1

Jalapeño Japone

Jalapeño Jumbo

Jalapeño M

Jalapeño Mammoth

Jalapeño Master

Jalapeño Mitla puro

Jalapeño Mucho Nacho Hybrid F2

Jalapeño Numex Piñata puro

Jalapeño Olé

Jalapeño Purple

Jalapeño Señorita

Jalapeño Sierra Fuego Hybrid F1

Jalapeño Stuard

Jalapeño TAM

Jalapeño Tam Vera Cruz

Jalapeño Texas Roadhouse

Jalapeño yellow

Jalapenona yellow

Wildfire Chilli Australia
Thank you for the Sangria and Purple Flash pictures:clap:
Mine are still very tiny... I'm sure they will look stunning when full of fruits... I'd love to see yours when time comes :)

whocares said:
Wildfire Chilli Australia
Thank you for the Sangria and Purple Flash pictures:clap:
Mine are still very tiny... I'm sure they will look stunning when full of fruits... I'd love to see yours when time comes :)

Your welcome. Mine are still small but you can get a little bit of an idea from the Purple Flash. Will try and remember to post again when they are fruiting...can't wait!

Are you growing any other ornamentals or have you in the past?

Margarida Sweetie your missing one Jalapeno Red Dragon f3 with 3 Strains at the moment,Purple flash seem to have seen that under a differnt name lol all these subtle name changes can be a pain to a chili collector..You got me counting my Jalapeno variety's now lol
Hope your feeling better Margarida ;)

Well, Omri and Talas, my dear friends, instead of so much talking, why not send me all your different named Jalapeño seeds? I'm willing to try them all... Then I promise I'll tell you the differences, if any! :P:P

And Dave, the Purple Flash and Calico are really new... as you know, I've grown a lot of different ornamentals... I love them, and the one who is most similar with the Calico is the Rain Forest tricolor (sent by you, as I recall... thank you) and perhaps the Trifetti Tri-color Variegata... even so, the pods and overall plant is different, and the Purple Flash I can compare with the Fluorescent Purple or Purple Glow in the Dark, but they're not the same, and I think this Purple Flash will be stunning! ...and I'm eager to see those in flesh, so, thank you WCA for showing me yours, and I'll remind you of the updates! ;)

I'm afraid I still lump a little bit, Dave, but at least the pain is bearable now, thanks! :cool:

And Dave, don't count your Jalapeños, just send me all! Lol

Omri said:
First harvest I get, I'll send ya some. I so wanna try my Jalapeños already.

;) Deal !!!! And I'll send you some of mine! But I'll bet you'll harvest first... Spring is being horrible here! :(

whocares said:
Well, Omri and Talas, my dear friends, instead of so much talking, why not send me all your different named Jalapeño seeds? I'm willing to try them all... Then I promise I'll tell you the differences, if any!

And Dave, the Purple Flash and Calico are really new... as you know, I've grown a lot of different ornamentals... I love them, and the one who is most similar with the Calico is the Rain Forest tricolor (sent by you, as I recall... thank you) and perhaps the Trifetti Tri-color Variegata... even so, the pods and overall plant is different, and the Purple Flash I can compare with the Fluorescent Purple or Purple Glow in the Dark, but they're not the same, and I think this Purple Flash will be stunning! ...and I'm eager to see those in flesh, so, thank you WCA for showing me yours, and I'll remind you of the updates! ;)

I'm afraid I still lump a little bit, Dave, but at least the pain is bearable now, thanks! :cool:

And Dave, don't count your Jalapeños, just send me all! Lol

Remind me ill send you some Ornamental`s giving them a year of
as had to many bad tasting ones lol and you no me with taste although the Triflower Purple and with 3 differnt flower types its worth a grow..Heres the funny thing i have Jalapeno seeds called `Watch out there big` hehe :lol:

p.s This is true..Been sent a Variety from an asian seed bank and it translates as `Dogs breath`im giving that one a miss methinks :mouthonfire:

talas said:
although the Triflower Purple and with 3 differnt flower types its worth a grow..Heres the funny thing i have Jalapeno seeds called `Watch out there big` hehe :lol:

p.s This is true..Been sent a Variety from an asian seed bank and it translates as `Dogs breath`im giving that one a miss methinks :mouthonfire:
Wow that Triflower Purple I never saw! 3 different types of flowers? I want it ! :onfire:
Do you have pictures?
And of course, the `Watch out there big`(the bigger, the better), and the Dog's Breath (or are both the same? Which one are you missing? )! lol I need RB to translate me your ever mysterious sentences! :P

Back