• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What is your favorite pepper for FLAVOR that also has heat?

IMO a Carribean Red is just pretty hard to beat. I haven't had one in a looong time but that will hopefully change as I have some seeds this year.

I didn't see your question. Our farm is in KS.

Hotpeppa said:
Bhuts..dry them out and they are good on anything.. especially pasta !

i would also say Serrano, for an everyday fresh eating pepper with everything...

where is your farm ?

i would love to have a piece of land for tons of different plants..soooo jealoussssss..

Kansas?? Where in Kansas? I grew up in Hutchinson & have lived in Lindsborg & Emporia. I'm now in Overland Park.

And I looove plain ol' orange habs.

devils tongue for a nice palate cleansing citrus flavour.
And aribibi gusano because for something so small it pack a mighty punch in both flavour and heat

I would have to say for great aroma and flavor with just enough heat are the following:

Bhuts right out of the garden or smoked dried. Both are just awesome on anything

Orange habs are perhaps like candy. The sweet smell and excellent flavor make my mouth water each time I split one open. I wish they made those hanging air freshener trees out of that smell.

Devils tongue are like candied meyer lemons with a kick. MMmmmm

I have to say 7 Pot....delicious flavor and more heat than the normal chili head can stand...try a slice of a fresh picked one...or better yet, just chomp a whole one..

I posted a poll on this very subject a few months back. Fatali and devil's tongue were the run-away winners.

Orange Hab and Ripe Jalapeno would top my list.

Our farm is near Lawrence, but I work in Lenexa

ImpyChick said:
Kansas?? Where in Kansas? I grew up in Hutchinson & have lived in Lindsborg & Emporia. I'm now in Overland Park.

And I looove plain ol' orange habs.

AlabamaJack said:
I have to say 7 Pot....delicious flavor and more heat than the normal chili head can stand...try a slice of a fresh picked one...or better yet, just chomp a whole one..

I may try that this year! (or make my husband do it.. he is a bit psycho!)

I always recommend fatalii, fresno, and scotch bonnets but I'm also a big fan of the mild/medium mexican types

Yeah, out of the Nagas, I'd have to say the Morich has the best all-around flavor as well.

A Bih Jolokia has a wonderful, almost delicate flavor...but it's too hot to enjoy that flavor for more than about 20 seconds.

yay im growing almost every varity mentioned. I wouldn't know what i really like as this is my first year grwonig chiles

I love Fatallis, but I couldn't live without my chiltepes. AJ, just got some ripe pods so next week I will be sending you some seeds.

Try Trinidad Perfume, Datil Sweet and Aji Dulce #2. They have an intense fruity flavor. I use several of them when I want concentrated Habanero flavor, adding hot types to get the heat. Very prolific fruit setters. If it's flavor you're looking for you can't go wrong with these.

"Trinidad Perfume: (capsicum chinense) This Habanero type variety produces 1 to 1.5 inch long by 1 to 1.25in wide 'turks cap' type pods which matures from green to bright yellow. The pods have a fantastic aroma and good smoky flavour with no heat."

"Datil Sweet 1 to 1/2 inch long pods resemble Habaneros in shape; smoky flavour of Datil pepper but without the heat; fruits turn from pale green to orange to red on plants with large pale green leaves."

"Aji Dulce #2 Mild pepper growing to 2 inches long by 1-1/4 inches wide with typical look of Habanero type. Strong aroma and flavour but only a trace of heat. (Capsicum chinense Jacq.)"

andres said:
I love Fatallis, but I couldn't live without my chiltepes. AJ, just got some ripe pods so next week I will be sending you some seeds.

Cool Andres, Thanks...and if there are any seeds you need/want, PM me and I will see what I can do....

I will join the crowd and say fatalii, but I am also fond of the hot lemon for a good citrus hit and not as hot as the fatalii....

TriniHottie said:
Hot Cherry, Cayennes ... my fav

I overwintered the hot cherry you sent me!

It only produced 3-4 pods last year, I think it needed a longer season. They were good! Unique shape too.

I also overwintered 1 of the 7 POTs. Love that burn!!!!! Like no other in my opinion.

Back