food What Is Your Signature Dish!?

It's quiet in the house, raining, and I'm trying to think about folks food ...

JHP's is Fra Diavolo ... although I think he spells it differently, LOL ... fried seafood would be the next closest, I think ...

JayT's is probably baked subs with meat and cheese ... or hot dogs =)

The Bum's is possibly seafood etouffee ...

D3's is probably carnitas, perhaps? ...

scuba_steve pwns sliders for those White Castle burgers ...

When I think about mud bugs, I think of Phil's boils ...

There's lots of pizzas, but PIC1's up top (for me) ...

TB ... poppers or salmon, LOL ...

Boss's is null, the persistent lack of one ...

tctenten - I feel like there's a lot of BBQ and/or burgers on homemade buns, but it's Italian nonetheless ...

Booma - BBQ beef spare ribs ...

CypressHill73 - pit-fired slabs of meat ...

TGCM - Peruvian cuisine featuring aji's ...

Scovie - Mole, and all things breakfast ...

Musky - Smoked Fish, possibly made some of the best burgers ever in the few that we've seen, too ...

Ozzy - Fried rice, perhaps? ... I kind of think of Ozzy as being able to do an 80/20 job on *A LOT* of varied kinds of food ... which is impressive in it's own right ...

Alynne - Borscht ...

SL - I think of alfredo ... probably because I love alfredo ...

Dru - Diner-food ... biscuits in gravy, patty melts, chili ...

Ashen - I feel like there's been some nice looking lamb along the way, but mostly I just think of grilling in snowbanks ...

I'm sure there's many, many people who I've not included ... and when I think of enough additional items I'll make another list =) ...

KingChile said:
I think tonight i'm going to make my special maple buttermilk extra crispy fried chicken, with collard greens, and these kinda scalloped potatoes with country gravy, smoked sausage, spicy ground sausage and i'll either put habaneros or scotch bonnets in them

Count me in KC - that sounds great! :)

If I had to set a meal down in front of someone as an example of my best cook I would go with something very simple. Steak on the grill, grilled asaparugus, with shrooms and onions. You would be surprised how many people can eff up such a amazing simple plate.

If I wanted to put a little more effort, either braised shorties or lobster risotto.

20150530_184230.jpg

This thread has my stomach growling! Lots of beautiful dishes in here! 

My signature dish is definitely a walleye shore lunch, cooked on an island, over a fire. I grew up in a fishing family, and shore lunch has been my job since I was about 12 years old. 

Grant was close picking smoked fish for me. I do a whole lot of that too. 

Smoked lake trout...

:cheers:

I often dream of fishing with Musky and catching walleyes and having him cook them like that on the shore over a fire.  

This is a tough one for me.  I get that boss says mine is fish and chips and I definitely do that well, but when I think of mine many come to mind.  I have won trophies (tiny ones) for my chili, I make a really good two inch thick ribeye, fried chicken, pizza, wings, crab cakes, and my Yankee enchiladas come to mind, but if I had to pick one it would be my cajun chicken with penne pasta and alfredo sauce to be my signature. Although my seafood Wellington is what won me Heather.

Nah, I'll go with a perfectly microwaved hot dog as mine.

JayT said:
I often dream of fishing with Musky and catching walleyes and having him cook them like that on the shore over a fire.  

This is a tough one for me.  I get that boss says mine is fish and chips and I definitely do that well, but when I think of mine many come to mind.  I have won trophies (tiny ones) for my chili, I make a really good two inch thick ribeye, fried chicken, pizza, wings, crab cakes, and my Yankee enchiladas come to mind, but if I had to pick one it would be my cajun chicken with penne pasta and alfredo sauce to be my signature. Although my seafood Wellington is what won me Heather.

Nah, I'll go with a perfectly microwaved hot dog as mine.

Way to chose infamy ... I did, too ...

tctenten - Southern Italian comfort food and Sicilian classics.

Back