• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music what kind of music do you like

Mind-numbing death metal with an occasional Floyd song thrown in. :flamethrower:

Oh yeah, but this is only when I'm experimenting with extending my creative limits in the lab. :beer:

I like pretty much everything. :flamethrower: It depends on my mood. Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, New Wave, Alternative, Jazz, Blues, Classical. Everything from Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, B-52's, The Clash, to Black Eyed Peas, Flogging Molly, The Killers, Janis Joplin, The Cranberries, The Bravery, White Stripes etc. My kids (ages 15-24) borrow MY CD's. I like it all EXCEPT (and I'm sure to be rufflin some feathers here) COUNTRY - Yuck. Too many road trips as a kid (every Summer) driving for days from California to Vancouver Canada and no escaping the Country music.

There are only two things in life that will drive me totally mental -the song from Small World at Disneyland and Country music.

Pam

Yes Pam, the song "It's a small world" is a terrible song to get stuck in your head, BUTT, the absolute WORST is the theme song from the play ANNIE. The theme song from the Brady Bunch is almost as BAD! :flamethrower:

Linda's list is all her own, but here's Joe's short list of faves:

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Adrian Belew, XTC, Rush, King Crimson, Webb Wilder, The Connells, Pink Floyd, Marillion, Boston, Blink-182, Bad Religion, Frank Zappa (awesome!), The Monkees, The psychodots/Raisins/Bears (a Cincy local band I've followed for 15+ years), The Smithereens, and Barenaked Ladies.

I was a DJ in college at an alternative music station, so my taste in music is eclectic to say the very least.

- Joe

LinNJoe said:
Linda's list is all her own, but here's Joe's short list of faves:

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Adrian Belew, XTC, Rush, King Crimson, Webb Wilder, The Connells, Pink Floyd, Marillion, Boston, Blink-182, Bad Religion, Frank Zappa (awesome!), The Monkees, The psychodots/Raisins/Bears (a Cincy local band I've followed for 15+ years), The Smithereens, and Barenaked Ladies.

I was a DJ in college at an alternative music station, so my taste in music is eclectic to say the very least.

- Joe

But I'M the Lone Rhinoceros. Perhaps Joe will understand... :flamethrower:

DEFCON Creator said:
But I'M the Lone Rhinoceros. Perhaps Joe will understand... :lol:

Great album! I remember listening to BIG ELECTRIC CAT really loud in a state of ..well, use your imagination!

I like classic country ( Willie, merle, Johnny Cash, George Jones...etc.), Heavy Metal, Bluegrass, Punk, Jazz, Blues, Classical,Funk and a lot of 'electronica" type stuff....I guess you might consider it dance music or techno.

Not much into Tejano or what passes for rap these days....although I can get into Run DMC, Ice T, NWA, Public Enemy....etc...when I'm in a certian mood.

Some of my favorites...Motorhead, White Zombie, ZZ TOP, John Lee Hooker, Howl'n Wolf, Roky Erickson, Butthole Surfers, Black Sabbath, The Who, the Stones. Rose Tattoo, AC/DC, Iggy and the Stooges, New York Dolls, The Cramps, The Damned, the Misfits, Fear. Nashville Pussy...etc...

My all-time favorite band is Blue Oyster Cult.

Heavy Metal, Classical, Rock and Roll, Blues, Oldies (Bing, The Andrews Sisters, etc), Spoken Word, Anti-Music/Noise, Circuit Bending Stuff, Soundtracks (ie: Looney Tunes)

cant belive i started this thread in january
hey dose anyone out there have an i pod?? i got some questions about my son's i pod i can't figure out...anybody a i pod genius??
here are my questions...i was gonna get some i tunes from i tunes dot com...would i be able to make audio cds from i tune downloads...i got a cd walkman and want to make cds from the music i download...question number 2 i have 2 computers and i want to take all the music that is on the ipod and put on the 2nd computer...every time i try it dont work i dont know if it can be done or if doing something wrong
help ipod experts help

i mostly listen to metal..black metal and death metal to be more specific. i like a lot of punk, hardcore, some old jazz, classical, some underground hip hop, a little experimental techno, and thats it for the most part.

some bands/musicians i listen to that come to mind are carcass, at the gates, impaled, duke ellington, anti nowhere league, fear (chuk you ever see that video of them playing on SNL?), gorilla biscuits, aphex twin, jedi mind tricks, the artifacts, etc. etc.

I have two iPods, an old 2nd gen 40 GB and a newer 30 GB iPod photo...but they are all about the same.

Answer the first: I never have bought anything from iTunes because they don't carry the niche music I like, but you can make CDs from stuff bought on iTunes.

Answer the second: You can do it, but not through conventional means. You have to use your iPod as a harddrive, and copy the files to your computer's hard drive. The biggest problem is that your iPod store the files using a numerical system, so you won't know what file corresponds to which song.

I mainly listen to indie/pop-punk/emo stuff nowadays, I suppose.

With a health dose of grunge, rock, metal, harp, classical.

At the moment, my car CD runs something like:
My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black parade
Alkaline Trio - Mercy Me
Blink 182 - I won't be home this Christmas
Dandy Warhols - Every Day Should Be A Holiday
Curve - Fait Accompli
Marilyn Manson - VoDeville
Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
NIN - Wish
Killers - Mr Brightside
Nirvana - Lounge Act

Something like that.

xgrafcorex said:
...FEAR (chuk you ever see that video of them playing on SNL?),

No but it's legendary. Lee was friends with John Belushi; that's how they ended up on the show. I have seen them on "New Wave Theatre" ( anyone remember that show? ) and the movie THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION.

I also saw Lee Ving's ( last, latest?) version of FEAR here about...8 years ago(?) here at Emos. He lived here for a while...well just south of Austin in Buda. Awesome show. Had me in the pit like I was 19 again.

:)

Back