• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What made you smile today?

Seriously?!

It was a blazer out yesterday so we had the doors open and fans running to help cool it down (ie: we created a breeze through the house of 90 degree air). I was sitting in the chair and look up and one of the local mule deer, who is known as Dodie, walked into our living room! I don't mind her following us around the yard being friendly, but I draw the line at coming into the house like she is a dog or cat. However, I had to take the time to film it otherwise no one would ever believe me!

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/3wJ0qMT253s[/YouTube]

sicman said:
Lol. Very cute and also very cool. I cant wait for the video when Dodie kicke your t.v. and you. Haha.
That is her first time sneaking inside and she is NOT allowed inside, but it gave me a chance to film her being naughty. You'd swear she was someone's pet at one time. I know there is a remote possibility of her attacking, as with any animal, so we don't allow our daughter near her. She will attack other deer if they come close to us when we are outside, so I guess she thinks we are her herd.

0730160851-00_resized_zpsw3w3vnxk.jpg

Had to work a half day today and foud this at a yard sale along my route. $20 for table and chairs. SCORE!!!

My sister used to be a waitress at our restaurant while I cooked. She never understood why certain things irritated me and it caused a bit of strife.

Fast forward to the past couple weeks. She is now a cook and has her own wait staff, who is doing the exact things to her that we butted heads about.

I get this long winded message from her just now about it. She sounded just like me and she finally gets why I had got mad at her and others over it.

I couldn't help but laugh when she said she gets it now.

Bought my supplies for my weekend pot of chili. Chopped, browned, spiced, opened cans, mixed,stired , then began to fill the crockpot. Ah dang, I have to use both crockpots. Shucks :cheers: "Its my party and I'll cry if I wanna, cry if I wanna". GONNA HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN O D ON CHILI........WOOOHOOOO

Customer: I'll have a grilled chicken salad.

Waitress: I'm sorry, we're out of chicken breasts. We can make a crispy chicken salad (deep fried chicken strips cut up on salad).

Customer: Oh, my body can't handle that much fat. I'll take a bacon cheeseburger and fries instead.

Waitress and I: ...
Mike-Tyson-Seriously-Meme.jpg

So our bartender just made this bloody Mary for one of our customers.

Yes, that is fried shrimp, onion rings, bacon, a mozzarella stick, a shot of jalapeno vodka and a garnish of Carolina reaper...

IMG_20170312_152347535.jpg

So i was surfing thru the annuum list of a well known seed supplier today and found this description  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

cacho_de_cabra.jpg

"Cacho de Cabra is called Ziegenhorn, sharp, sometimes strongly curved, thin-walled, quite sharp chillies, which are good for the bling (Capsicum annuum)"

I gotz to be gettin' some of dat Bling, yo  :dance: 

Back