• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

what should I buy?????

ok I am making an order from unklebig.com as he is close so shipping is cheap and he also has just about every sauce .
I can eat any heat level but also like to eat larger amounts of good tasting lower heat sauce.
what would you guys buy if you needed 5 new sauces .
list em and I will buy em.

shayne

To me a great hot sauce I have come across which I don't think is well known is "Dan-T's Inferno White Hot" It is made in Canada and is a cayenne sauce. It has a good amount of heat and does not over power the taste of your food.

Maybe it's time to try n make your own hot sauce. If you know what you like, n can get the ingridients, then go for it. If it dosen't work, then you can go back to looking for other hot sauces. either way, good luck.

Sauceman

I agree with Sauceman. I make my own been doing for years,because I could not find one with the taste and heat I wanted.I grow 48 type of chiles. Jalapeno is the lowest heat level to the Naga and Scoripion, Bhut,7pot,25 kind of Habs,7type of Cayeannes, 4 Lemoen and 8 other type of chile.They give me the taste and heat I wanted.

Dan

LET IT BURN

pain 100%
marie sharps - hot habernaro sauce (2 thumbs up)
dat'l do it - devil drops (good tasting but not HOT)

when I buy hot sauces I like to try new ones everytime, but that marie sharps hot hab flavor I'd buy again, I just like that kind of flavor.

Sauceman said:
Maybe it's time to try n make your own hot sauce. If you know what you like, n can get the ingridients, then go for it. If it dosen't work, then you can go back to looking for other hot sauces. either way, good luck.

Sauceman

I have made my share of sauce.
My interest here is not to make it but buy it.
I grow alot of peppers and cook with them alot but a sauce like Serial Killer is hard to make ... almost impossible as it is close to an extract.
so keep posting what you think is a good sauce .

shayne

If you know what kinds of peppers/sauces you like, then what you may want to do is look at the ingredients (sweatandspice.com usually lists them) and then give us a list for feedback. Based on your other posts, my impression is that flavor is secondary to heat for you, so I don't know how much stock you want to put in my suggestions. Also, I tend to match hot sauces with particular foods, but for a red savina sauce I would suggest Cape Fear Pepper Co.'s, for a sauce with a citrus kick I'd go with Danny Cash's Bottled Up Anger, Defcon for wing sauces, E.Z. Earl for BBQ sauce, Kato's Island sauce for a curry flavor, Marco's for mexican, and an assortment of others for whatever tickles my fancy. Only Defcon 1 is pretty hot on that list though.

dreamtheatervt said:
If you know what kinds of peppers/sauces you like, then what you may want to do is look at the ingredients (sweatandspice.com usually lists them) and then give us a list for feedback. Based on your other posts, my impression is that flavor is secondary to heat for you, so I don't know how much stock you want to put in my suggestions. Also, I tend to match hot sauces with particular foods, but for a red savina sauce I would suggest Cape Fear Pepper Co.'s, for a sauce with a citrus kick I'd go with Danny Cash's Bottled Up Anger, Defcon for wing sauces, E.Z. Earl for BBQ sauce, Kato's Island sauce for a curry flavor, Marco's for mexican, and an assortment of others for whatever tickles my fancy. Only Defcon 1 is pretty hot on that list though.

I do like hot but hot is easy and flavor is whats hard to get right.

thanks for the ideas.

shayne

I've ordered two large batches over the last two months. The three non-wing sauces that I'm blazing through are Nuckin Futs ( damn hot ), Liquid Stoopid ( just below it ), and Psycho Bitch ( a tamer sauce, but good on nachos ). All three are almost empty.

The ones I have on my next order, besides re-ordering the above, are CaJohn's Talon, Kato's Mean Green, CaJohn's 10 or Fatalli Fire ( or both...based on how much I like Liquid Stoopid), Intensity Academy's Chai Chipotle, and Danny Cash's Radical Heat. All of these have been well-reviewed, as well as meet my taste preference. I have 8 on my list. When I get to 10, I'll be placing an order. I have definitely hit the heat factor with the above list, so I'm looking for two level 7's or 8's to balance the order out. I would say that you are safe picking any one from the list though.

dreamtheatervt said:

Now, this is really useful. Thanks.

Radical heat is a very good sauce -- has that vinegar bite to it and has nice heat I would give it a 6-7 on my heat scale. My son picked it out for himself because he liked the taste **weep he's becoming such a big boy weep**

In that case I'll substitute it for Psycho Bitch, which is also mid level. This means I am now looking for three more sauces.

Thanks for the info.

Nuckin Futs
Liquid Stoopid
Talon
Kato's Mean Green
Cajohn's 10
Cajohn's Fatalli Fire
Chai Chipotle
Radical Heat
Memphis Mojo Jammin' Jerk Hot Sauce
Wanza's Wicked Temptation

I think I've covered all the bases with this order.:onfire:

Pam said:
Now, this is really useful. Thanks.

Actually, I keep a spreadsheet that contains info on every sauce I try. The notes aren't very detailed, but I usually give a sauce two classisifications based on peppers/type, a heat scale, and some brief notes on my impression of the sauce, so I have a compiled record. I was consulting it last night when I posted...I seriously could have posted about 50 recommendations.

Hot Canuck said:
Nuckin Futs
Liquid Stoopid
Talon
Kato's Mean Green
Cajohn's 10
Cajohn's Fatalli Fire
Chai Chipotle
Radical Heat
Memphis Mojo Jammin' Jerk Hot Sauce
Wanza's Wicked Temptation

Haven't had Nucking Futs, Liquid Stoopid, Talon, Chai, Wanza's, but the rest are pretty good. Kato's is the only tomatillo sauce I like (namely because I'm not a tomatillo person...yet), Fatalii fire is good *IF* you like Fatalii - some people don't like the taste as it has a different taste than most chilis; and 10 is pretty good too. I would have added a savina sauce personally, but that's because I LOVE the taste of the Red Savina.

dreamtheatervt said:
I would have added a savina sauce personally, but that's because I LOVE the taste of the Red Savina.

Can you recommend one? Futs and Stoopid are very similar ( it's why they're both almost gone...), so I could switch one out for a new flavour. Same reason I'm trying the Fatalli - it's new to me.

dreamtheatervt said:
I would suggest Cape Fear Pepper Co.'s.

I stand by my own recommendation :onfire:

It doesn't have other peppers, has a minimum amount of vinegar, and doesn't have other spices sharing the palate, and the heat won't disappoint. Ace is good, but its spices, most notably black pepper, in it.

I just don't know if you can get Cape Fear anywhere other than his webstore or Mr. D's in Maryland

Oops - I should have noted that. The three producers that have caught my eye, now that I'm stocked on Defcon, are Kato's, CaJohn's, and Cape Fear, so I have no issue adding that one in. I'll hunt around and see if I can find it as part of a large order. I have four suppliers as favourites, but my guess is, with this variety, I'll have to place two separate orders, from two different companies. No big deal.

Thanks for your help. I have started to do what you do well - keep good records of what I like and don't. If you make nachos on a regular basis, you have to try either Futs or Stoopid. They ramp up the heat a lot :onfire:, and both have good flavour.

Cheers.

Ken

chilehunter said:
dat'l do it - devil drops (good tasting but not HOT)

that stuff is great! it's not something you go to if you want your mouth to burn, but the flavor is awesome. goes great with chicken..when i would eat at home for lunch, sometimes i'd be lazy and just toss some chicken nuggets in the microwave then douse them with that sauce. mmm mmm.

is that pain 100% the one sorta shaped like a hip flask with a brown label? i think i saw this on sale somewhere, but wasn't sure if it was worth a try or not, so i saved my 5-6 bucks.

I got to admit, when I tried Dat'l Do It Devil Drops, it seemed a bit vinegary and I just couldn't get over it. Anybody else get that as well? I've never had a datil pepper to compare the taste to, and I'd be willing to give it another go, but I did note that I thought it was too vinegary on my spreadsheet. Guess I'm the minority on that one.

Back