• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What significance does your Username have?

I adopted this name because one day after witnessing my moms friends husbands hot sauce collection,I was amazed to see all of different kinds.their was atleast 500 or so,and so I decided to take up the same hobby.I knew that having every bottle was unrealistic.so I narrowed the field by selecting 1 brand to stick to.and as u already may have guessed...it was blair's.hence xFeelAlivex

I live on the island of Kauai and my Aussie friends nicknamed me Dundee while camping out at Desert Point , Lombok, Indonesia when we used to go down there to camp out and surf for weeks on end in the middle of a malaria infested, snake infested jungle hours away from anywhere. Mainly cause I snared pigs behind our camp, caught large water monitor lizards (Komodo dragon) and let them go in a crowd of Indos, caught a lot of fish and fed everyone, and any snake (Green Viper, Cobra, etc) that came into the camp, everyone would call me and I would "take care of it".

My username came from my favorite number and my beautiful wife Romana. Here nickname is Romy. So along came Romy6.

My name came about because the hobby of growing peppers became an obsession then a fever..aka pepperfever.
Now we're getting older and a touch more decrepit but show no signs of quitting!! Planning the seed starting for next year already. You're never too old to grow peppers!!!!

My name came from a very obscure character in a fantasy book. I first used it when I was 13, and it's stuck with me ever since.

The first part of my is what they call me in Mexico sometimes because they have problems pronuncing my name right :rofl: so I prefered them calling me Juan...
The second part is the first letter of my last name.
BR
Jan

Avon Barksdale is a character from the greatest TV show in history, The Wire.

Avon.jpg

I am a lot different than I used to be. I love life and the journey, just like Jack Kerouac's "On the Road". Also, Hunter S. Thompson in my avatar had similar exploits with firearms as I have. Go figure.

I am a lot different than I used to be. I love life and the journey, just like Jack Kerouac's "On the Road". Also, Hunter S. Thompson in my avatar had similar exploits with firearms as I have. Go figure.
Yeah , I'm a lot different than i used to be too. I had a full head of hair, had 6 pack abs, didnt wear glasses and could walk up a few flights of stairs without gasping for air. My user name 30 years ago would have been Casanova ,instead of Old Man :rofl: .

I used to get called moostroso which means monster in italian ? so I'm told. And I am more than the average monster hence mega

Back around 2000, I was a Park Ranger for the Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept. We had inmate crews to help us maintain the place particulary large park. One of them was "Danny"...a literal genuis that could do anything he put his mind to. Unfortunately, his overactive mind lead him to calm it down with the use of drugs...thus the prison sentence(s). He popped chiles like they were chocolate. He nicknamed me "LunchBox" because I would eat anything...even the greenish-gray TDC (TX dept of corrections) bologna...and the chiles he was smuggled. He was a good guy...who painstakingly restored an old military duce-and-a-half by his self...turning into a (brush) fire truck. We looked the other way when he disappeared for a few minutes after lunch for a smoke break...hell...he deserved it.

The nickname stuck.

I hope he is doing well out there somewhere.

mine is just because AJI is spanish for pepper and i love the Aji types there some of my top favorite and of cource my name JOE

quite simple really

thanks your friend AJIJOE :onfire:

I use the same handle every forum. Sometimes i wish I picked a cooler handle, but it always comes down to the 2 most important things in my life

my 7 year old daughter ARIella
my 5 year old son JERemiah

So i use AriJer as my handle. Its also my email handle, they kind of invaded my every fabric the day they were each born, each in their own way. I have hobbies i love dearly, stuff i think are cool, but well, i am sappy and love my kids so....

Back