• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

What tomatoes are you growing in 2016?

ColdSmoke said:

any recommendations?
I'm way too new to make recommendations.  I tasted only 2 tomatos I ever grew and that was yesterday.  Ivory Pear Tomato (bitch to grow, but very sweet and tastey) and Fahrenheit Blues (Very easy to Grow, very high quality dark Cherry Tomato, but doesn't taste much different from every other cherry tomato in a salad).  

Started a collection of fancy maters.

image_zpsocc64ogt.jpeg

I have no idea where I'm going to plant them all.
image_zpsqzypf8i2.jpeg

Just started a very small list of tomatos.

Golden Jubilee
Black Krim
Red Lightning
Super Sweet 100

And these two varieties I got off of the Scorched Seed Train

Amazon Chocolate
Dark Galaxy

The seeds of the first four varieties are old so not sure what I will get if anything...

Seems like i'm pretty boring. San Marzano's that me and my dad have been growing from same stock for close to 30 years. Some grape and cherries from a local nursery that produce great every year.

bpiela said:
Just started a very small list of tomatos.

Golden Jubilee
Black Krim
Red Lightning
Super Sweet 100

And these two varieties I got off of the Scorched Seed Train

Amazon Chocolate
Dark Galaxy

The seeds of the first four varieties are old so not sure what I will get if anything...
My Red Lightning and Super Sweet 100 seeds are from Burpee in 2010 and they have popped.  The Golden Jubilee and Black Krim are from Penny's tomatos in 2011 and they have popped.  Now, if I can only get those stubborn Peruvian Serlano peppers to germ.... :mad:

bpiela said:
My Red Lightning and Super Sweet 100 seeds are from Burpee in 2010 and they have popped.  The Golden Jubilee and Black Krim are from Penny's tomatos in 2011 and they have popped.  Now, if I can only get those stubborn Peruvian Serlano peppers to germ.... :mad:

yeah...planted at the same time as the Peruvian Serlano

image_zpsjdj5sedw.jpeg

I think I messed up my tomatoes really bad. I had a dome on the my tray, but removed it because it was just too wet inside...now the leaves are white in color like they've been sunburned...they're under a t-5. Anyone else experience this before?

Noah Yates said:

Pictures would help... I am not sure what is going on with that.

they were in a really humid environment in the dome...then I put direct sunlight on them and they got burned...the new growth is healthy so I'm not worried. I am worried about stopping this vertical growth, how do I go about that? The light is maybe 6 inches from the plants...How can I support them so they don't start falling over?

image_zpshswaorgc.jpeg

Back