• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What varieties have defeated you?

Fatalii...

Jan 27 and Feb 16 ... NADA!!!! they are still in the germ box.
everything else popped.

currently I'm out of seeds, maybe next year

Melting Mammoth Sugar Snow Peas.......

Sowed a ton of em early november...Birds attacked the seeds...
Sowed a ton more.....the cold weather made them stay dormant....
kept watering, it warmed up a bit, they started sprouting... Birds came again....
Then frost came again...
At this point, out of hundreds.of seeds, maybe 1 is alive, and less than an inch tall....

Melting Mammoth Sugar Snow Peas.......

Sowed a ton of em early november...Birds attacked the seeds...
Sowed a ton more.....the cold weather made them stay dormant....
kept watering, it warmed up a bit, they started sprouting... Birds came again....
Then frost came again...
At this point, out of hundreds.of seeds, maybe 1 is alive, and less than an inch tall....

I planted some of those back on Feb 13th and they're still quite tiny but at least growing. Only 2-3" tall at this point. At this rate it's gonna be too hot for them to produce before they get to size.

Cumari peppers are what has defeated me routinely in the past. One batch never germinated & another batch had 1 germinate but it died shortly thereafter.

I planted some of those back on Feb 13th and they're still quite tiny but at least growing. Only 2-3" tall at this point. At this rate it's gonna be too hot for them to produce before they get to size.

Cumari peppers are what has defeated me routinely in the past. One batch never germinated & another batch had 1 germinate but it died shortly thereafter.

We did some unknown kind of snow pea last year....planted/sowed them in may....they did produce for a while, until it got too hot for them in August or so....
I suspect you might get a decent harvest out of them before it heats up.
I just wish the birds didn't have such a love for the darn things....I'm going to start them in pots next time (around late September), then transpant outside in late fall and hopefully have a winter crop.....

I going to update my situation. I've had some (late) good luck. At this point, I have only been whipped by the Trinidad 7 Pot Barrackpore. I have everything else up and running (thanks in part to help from some good folks on this forum). I will start earlier next year though. I started on 12-31-12 and now that I'm focusing so much on superhots, I should have started at Thanksgiving. I will start at Thanksgiving next year. A little video is at the bottom of this link to show you the current state of affairs at Big Mike's and Holly's house.

Link: http://www.knot2worry.us/Chiles.html

My tabascos im growing now are kinda slow, havent sprouted in over 15 days, but everything else has gone really good of my first time growing :D

Home Depot green bell peppers. What junk. Everything from my garden center turned out nice though. Box stores are just no good, soil, plants, filter fabric, tools, all crap. I found spending the extra buck is more cost effective in the long run.

Back