• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Whats in your fridge? (Mold doesn't count.)

What are the items that you always have on hand? My "mandatory" list is:
Fresh and pickled jalapeno's
Bell peppers
Garlic
Onions, shallots, green onions.
Variety of cheeses, blue, goat, sharp cheddar..you name it.
Corn and flour tortilla's
Limes
Variety of opened hot sauces, chipotle, Yucateco, all the Tabasco's, Siracha, Cholula. (dang..I'm out of Cheech!)

What's on your list?

hot sauce, beer, and once i make the switch to prey killed food for my snakes, i'll have a bunch of frozen mice in the freezer. :hell:

other than that everything of mine in there fluctuates.

I've got 1/2 a grocery store in my fridge. With a wife who loves to cook, we rarely have "nothing to eat".

Oh...and about 5 bottles of hot sauce.

BigDawg said:
I am sure DD is just waiting to get stocked up at NM...:shocked:

I know I am going to replenish my stock.

I've got something like 30 sauces right now. Looking to expand to 60 or 70 at Fiery Foods.... ;)

Just wait. After the FF show, I'm going to have one helluva time convincing the IRS that all of those purchases are a write off...

Too funny DD...I have a lot I want to try and some to pick up for my new collection. Even as a manufacturer you have to keep it fun, which is easy with all the crazies you meet on here and at NM and Zestfest. What other industry do you know that you can be good buds with some of your competition.

chile sauces (15-25% vinegar):
pequin
chiltecpin
lemon drop
fatali
smoked green jal/serr
orange&red hab/garlic
bulgarian carrot
smoked choc hab
tabasco/cayenne (light smoke)
tabasco 8% vinegar
orange/red hab 8% vinegar
smoked mild red chile blend
smoked hot green tomato

other sauces:
A-1 steak sauce
Worcestershire
tamari
ajvar (roasted eggplant & mild chiles)
5+ types of mustard
chile-infused vinegars ( purira, hab, fatali)
3-5 various bbq glazes
3+ bbq sauces
sweet & sour
horseradish
ketchup
hot ketchup
maple syrup
lemon juice
key lime juice
black cherry extract

pickled:
pub onions
garlic
cukes, hot garlic dill
cukes, verry hot garlic dill
cukes, sweet bread and butter
cukes, onion, bells- english b & b
red, yellow, green thai chiles
hot cherry bomb chiles, halved
saurkraut

prob have a few more pickled items before long, working on some new recipes.

kamikaze cowgirl said:
i don't have the nerve to look.

haha afraid to find the mystery pack in the back..all wrapped in foil and nobody can remember what it is? we have one or two of those everytime we clean out the fridge.

Well, not in my fridge, but the mail fridge of the house, there are some stuff in there that I KNOW are AT LEAST 3+ years old.

Sometimes, late at night I'll open it up and the olives blink at me. They aren't used to the light yet. I also think the jell-o has gained sentience.

semi skimmed milk for us, full fat for the nipper, some cake decorations from alex's christening, loads and loads of chutneys etc for cheese, a bottle of Defcon 3, lots of veg, butter, cheese, lard, goose fat (LOTS of it).

Think that's about all. I'm running from memory. We're not fridge people, really.

Lots of sauces from mild to wild. And a bunch of 'ingredients' that the wife somehow makes food out of.:mouthonfire: Not sure how she does it though. All real food comesin cans or packs, far as I know.

Back