• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Whats on your sammich?

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch here in Las Vegas. I would like to dedicate this thread to that prince of foods, the sandwich or as I have come to know it...the sammich. Seems anything can be turned into a sandwich, just add bread. And no..wraps are NOT sandwichs. Tofu and rabbit food on a flour tortilla is a hippy burrito! Our discussion will be limited to only that which goes between 2 or more slices of bread. The addition of hot sauce or chile's is recommended but not necessary. So the question is....

What's on your sammich? (and don't forget the pics please)

Cheers ya'll, TB

After 3 years in counseling I still can break this habit. Standard out of the can tuna (albacore in water) mix with mayo red onion and celery with a layer of doritos on a martin potato roll.

1. Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, Red Onion, Lettuce and Lemon Juice
2. Pastrami, Hummus, T'hina and Skhug
3. Pastrami, Hummus and Hot Sauce (Snake Bite, Pain, Carrot Karma... stuff like that)
4. Tomato, Cream Cheese, Lettuce and TONS of Salt
5. Omelet, Mayo, Tomato, Lettuce, Garlic Sauce and Skhug

These are my usuals...

I LOVE the smoked salmon/cream cheese/onion combination, but I've never had it in a sammich before. I usually just eat it on crackers. I'll have to try that.

Fried or poached egg sammiches w/ cheese & wheat toast is a staple in the Impy household. I'm also a fan of smoked brisket, sharp cheddar, & horseradish w/ lettuce & tomato. And...once in awhile...I'll have an olive loaf sammich w/ Kraft singles.

My favorite thing to spice up any sammich is hab powder.

Oh! Also...I went to college in a small town called Lindsborg, KS. They had ONE bar, called the Ol' Stuga. They made this amazing sammich called the Brent Nelson (not sure who he was). The sammich was smoked sausage, bbq sauce, sharp cheddar, & pepperjack on a hoagie. Holy crap that thing was tasty!

ImpyChick said:
I LOVE the smoked salmon/cream cheese/onion combination, but I've never had it in a sammich before. I usually just eat it on crackers. I'll have to try that.

Fried or poached egg sammiches w/ cheese & wheat toast is a staple in the Impy household. I'm also a fan of smoked brisket, sharp cheddar, & horseradish w/ lettuce & tomato. And...once in awhile...I'll have an olive loaf sammich w/ Kraft singles.

My favorite thing to spice up any sammich is hab powder.

Oh! Also...I went to college in a small town called Lindsborg, KS. They had ONE bar, called the Ol' Stuga. They made this amazing sammich called the Brent Nelson (not sure who he was). The sammich was smoked sausage, bbq sauce, sharp cheddar, & pepperjack on a hoagie. Holy crap that thing was tasty!
The smoked salmon sandwich with white bread is delicious. one of my personal favorite. I like my sandwich as thick as possible, too.

I use fresh chiles to spice up my sandwiches. lately mainly Nagas.

I put just about anything in a sammich.

Your usual lunch meats..esp. smoked turkey, tunafish, lots of cheeses, fish fillets, chicken, brunsweiger, I like the real Mayo, and spicy mustard..usually with some kinda hot sauce, diced onion, sweet & dill pickles both, diced chiles, black and/or green sliced olives, you name it.

I'm a big fan of anything melty and toasted too. Love Siriacha or Sambal Olek with mayo for a bologna sammich. Usually sprinkle on some homemade seasoning salt or chipotle powder, or whatever. :D

I pretty much only eat whole grain or sourdough type breads...although bagels make fun sammiches too.

So yeah, if it's mostly solid and isn't moving it'll end up in a sammich around here. ;)

-QS

A sammy starts with the bread. I like an Italian hoagie roll, soft on the inside crusty on the outside. Lately I've been into thinly sliced piled way too high roasted chicken. Provolone cheese, Honey mustard, Lawry's Seasoned Salt, fresh cracked black pepper. Lettuce, fresh tomato slice if available, hot banana pepper rings. Grill the bread with a little butter and garlic powder. Man, I've got to go, made myself hungry.

Thick slice of homemade bread, layer it up, sliced meat (anything from roast beef, to shaved ham), hot sauce (Kaitaia Fire or homemade) then a layer of blue cheese, pickled beetroot, sliced onions, diced/ground peppers, home-made mayo, salad greens, and a final layer of cheese to hold it all down. Then gently press a second slice of bread on top.

On the side - olives, pickled onions, and a large beer.

Cheese spread with pickle, tomatoes, lettuce and 4 orange habs sliced, or ham, cucumber, lettuce and salsa with 4 orange habs sliced. Both white bread.

My favorite sammich is a BLTP (bacon, lettuce, tomato, and sliced jalapenos) on toasted white bread with Hellmans mayonaise salted and peppered...I actually prefer this sammich to a ribeye steak...

P + Pepper

I suppose it should be called BLTC (C for chili) :lol:

AlabamaJack said:
My favorite sammich is a BLTP (bacon, lettuce, tomato, and sliced jalapenos) on toasted white bread with Hellmans mayonaise salted and peppered...I actually prefer this sammich to a ribeye steak...

Yeah mate, Hellman's AKA Best Foods on this coast, is the best.

Although, my homemade mayo with monster local brown eggs, EVOO and curry/chipotle is pretty fun. ;)

Home made sourdough bread made from a stout starter, roast chicken, whole grain mustard, iceburg lettuce, homegrown yellow tomato (slightly sweeter), pineapple sage leaves, and a bucket load of stillmanz Devils Tounge jerk sause.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The whole grain mustard is great with the devil tounge flavor....and the pineapple sage leaves really top it off!!!!:)

Back