• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Whats on your sammich?

Congrats! I missed both my 1000th and my 2000th post post, so don't worry - you're not in this alone! :) Here's to the next 2000!

Ok (pump...pump...pump...) I think my favorite sandwich is a grilled sub type. Smoked turkey, bacon, pepperjack cheese, sliced habanero, lettuce, salt, pepper, oregano, creamy horseradish sauce, and bbq sauce on a toasted sub roll.

Sorry, I had pizza with artichokes and prosciutto cotto. Sandwich... thread... dying.

A nice NY Reuben sammich, nothing else like it!

2347103087_65d163c58c_o.jpg

I made a sour dough the other day from a stout starter, and added fresh lemon basil and oregano. It was a great start to any sandwich...

I made one with the above sourdough, thick slice panshetta, home made swiss cheese (not mine), lettuce, grated carrot, sun dried tomatos, fresh asparagus and some fresh red jalapenos with a light splash of orange hab powder. Put it all together and lightly toasted it....

OMG. how can something so healthy be so dam tasty....:)

Irish soda bread,Red onion,Welsh black cheddar,Red onion,Iceburg lettuce and fresno`s simple but great :)

My breakfast (9:30 break) is simple pepperoni or salami on white bread with japs and rooster with a side bin small tupperware of pickled pepperoncini peppersI make it to the store I pick up a bag of death rain chips man they are good..

You guys rock! The Sammich! It's still alive!!!!

My sammich today was onion, red bell, habanero, jalapeno, chorizo, aged cheddar and jalapeno mustard served up toasted and hot.

Cheers ya'll, TB.

I can't do thick grilled sammiches. I have a small mouth, so the thick & grilled/toasted ones cut up the roof of my mouth like nothing else. So those aren't pleasant.

I bought a tub of chicken salad from Price Chopper, & added two large diced habs. Today's sammich was chicken salad from that tub, & it was right tasty.

ImpyChick said:
I can't do thick grilled sammiches. I have a small mouth, so the thick & grilled/toasted ones cut up the roof of my mouth like nothing else. So those aren't pleasant.

My former boss made fun of me because of the exact same reason. I am glad someone else shares my pain.

I like smoked cheddar on my sammiches.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
My breakfast (9:30 break) is simple pepperoni or salami on white bread with japs and rooster with a side bin small tupperware of pickled pepperoncini peppersI make it to the store I pick up a bag of death rain chips man they are good..

Death rain chips..Ominous or what :)

Snack Sammich for watching a movie tonight:

12-grain bread spread with Braunschweiger, horseradish mustard and real mayo, smoked turkey bolonga, chopped up red bell pepper, black olives, onion, and jalapeno, and slices of pepper jack.

Toasted open-faced on the toaster oven until melty.
I then put it together, brushed with EVOO and a quick rub w/ a garlic clove, and re-toasted until the outside was crispy.

Kinda a poor-man's Panini. ;-D

-QS

ImpyChick said:

I bought a tub of chicken salad from Price Chopper, & added two large diced habs. Today's sammich was chicken salad from that tub, & it was right tasty.

I am such a porker when it comes to chicken salad. Most times it never makes it to the bread.

Cheers, TB.

Back