What's the One Elusive Variety You "Need?"

I'm noob to the forum and serious pepper growing...so everything!  Just kidding.  For now, wild varieties pique my interest. 

Nigel said:
Have you seen the photos on the Pepperfriends forum? Claudio and Leonardo just got back from Bolivia with photos of caballeroi and minutiflorum. They spent a day in Brazil and saw dusenii and shottianum, plus maybe a new species. I was meant to go, but had to have back surgery instead. Great trade off  :doh:

http://www.pepperfriends.com/forum/topic/14569-bolivia/
Hello Nigel,
I hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery.
I know how a bad back and back surgery is, I have had two of them.
Take care of yourself.

Steve

I want my seed database to be an accurate reflection of what I have currently :):):):):)

Shy of that, I'm looking to try again with C. Tovarii ( or other uncommon species).. I've tried once. Got three seeds. One was an orange habanero, and I gave up on the other two at about 18 months.

I'll be putting a thread up in a couple days with what I could trade, and what I'm looking for more specifically.

I have some seeds for CGN21500 x Wild Picked C. Chinense Isabella Island Galapagos. That is not too common at this point, and I have a fair number of seeds for it.

Nice topic and a good time of year for pepper wishes going into 2016.
One elusive pepper I'd like to try growing is BOG 005 from Black Ops growers. Anyone tried this one? 

Other pepper wishes aren't quite elusive but remain on my must grow list:
Chocolate Lava, Carolina Reaper, Butch T Scorpion x Douglah,  and Butch T   

Happy Holidays 

Salderas said:
One elusive pepper I'd like to try growing is BOG 005 from Black Ops growers. Anyone tried this one? 

Happy Holidays 
I'll PM you. Got a pic or link for said BOG 005?

Hey Coach, nope don't have a pic or link of the BOG 005. I'd like more info about it, it could be a good one.
I'll try finding the growers and seek for more info. An interesting name for a developed pepper, I'm very curious to try it out.

Student of Spice said:
Capsicum Cardenasii (Ulupica)

hope someone will have a couple seeds of the real deal
Been looking for over 3 years and have grown out 7 or 8 cardenasii F1 crosses, with both pubescens and eximium. As cardenasii is self-incompatible you need a minimum of 2 plants to get fruit and they appear to prefer cross-pollination over anything else, so isolation is key. A number of people in Europe claim to have it, but they have crosses.

Stay tuned, we`ll see what 2016 brings and I know of a planned trip to Bolivia in Late November 2016 to search for cardenasii, among others. 
Lovepeppers said:
Hello Nigel,
I hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery.
I know how a bad back and back surgery is, I have had two of them.
Take care of yourself.

Steve
Thanks Steve, very good of you! This is my 2nd in 6 years, so we shall see how the recovery goes. 

Nigel said:
Been looking for over 3 years and have grown out 7 or 8 cardenasii F1 crosses, with both pubescens and eximium. As cardenasii is self-incompatible you need a minimum of 2 plants to get fruit and they appear to prefer cross-pollination over anything else, so isolation is key. A number of people in Europe claim to have it, but they have crosses.

Stay tuned, we`ll see what 2016 brings and I know of a planned trip to Bolivia in Late November 2016 to search for cardenasii, among others. 

Yes, go all Indiana Jones on it!! I would love to make that trip, too bad work and grad school gets in the way...may get to do that when it is all done. If you hear of any please grab me a couple and I can reimburse you something, or tell Mike. Isolation would be a must to just maintain purity of the gathered seeds.

Salderas said:

Happy Holidays 
recently got seeds for 005 chocolate. but haven't tried it yet. Nor am I able to share it.

Lovepeppers said:
I have 3 seeds sprouting of the off pheno of the jays peach ghost scorpion, but would love to have and grow the gnarly bad ass bumpy with tails pheno that is around.

I will be stoked when I finally get these seeds.
PM coming.

Im looking for the "Aji Jovito", it would be cool if someone could send me some seeds.

I have a ton of varieties for a trade :-)

Salderas said:

Happy Holidays 
i grew 3 of the bog 005's but unfortunately i sold the plants . i got the seeds from J.C.   might ave a few more not sure . wish i would of kept 1 plant . he spoke highly of this strain        :onfire:

moruga welder said:
i grew 3 of the bog 005's but unfortunately i sold the plants . i got the seeds from J.C.   might ave a few more not sure . wish i would of kept 1 plant . he spoke highly of this strain        :onfire:

Aside from the creator of these, this was the only one who made them available. Said creator however said seed grown out from these given away actually turned out to be mislabeled Chocolate Morugas. (phenotypes at certain stages / certain F- generations are/were almost identical looking). There are a certain # of phenotypes of the 005 (one being preferred- and the ones given away were not specified which they were). Original red and the subsequent mentioned 'chocolate' variation also. Nothing else to add, or should.  :silenced:  (if you happen to find a few- even 1... aside from the original inquirer, I'd be most interested! For experimental 'comparisons' :cool: )
------------------------------------------------

To add the the wish list- completely forgot these two! Just watch the reviews on Youtube! I'd be tempted to tinkle myself if I was blessed with even the honor of even trying these two. Lol.

OREGON VENOM 1 & 2  :hot: 

Back