What's the One Elusive Variety You "Need?"

...or two, or three? ...but really, not a long wish list. 

Maybe someone will have pity on you (me) and hook you (me) up. 

There's always that latest & greatest thing you find out about that you have to add to the list or the picture you see that makes you say, "I have to have that." My potential grow list is never closed to new stuff like that, but I've gone through & think I've got a list I'm going to enjoy without being unmanageable. Shooting for 160-180 plants with 110 varieties. Down from 280 plants & 180 varieties this year.

I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on at least 2-4 seeds of just about every variety I really want through trades, seed trains, purchasing & the generosity of others.

The two that are eluding me are:
Wartryx
Madame Jeannette

I had Yaki Blue Fawn on that list but I have some headed to me in the mail. I would certainly welcome a Wartryx or Madame Jeannette trade or donation. I have two off phenos of Wartryx, but not the "real thing."

What small piece of your dream grow list are you missing? Maybe someone will help you out. Maybe it'll be me. 

i think chili heads, or at least me, tend to have a bit of ocd compulsions, so I'm sure our compulsions change all the time haha. Right now, i'm happy with what I have. Have 17 new varieties I'm going to put outside, and I see that I have so many plants, and 5x that amount in variety in seeds really is my equilibrium or carrying capacity if you will lol. But, if there was one elusive that I'd like to know more about it's the Jobito, it has been so well spoken of and now people are just starting to grow it on this forum. 

BigB said:
i think chili heads, or at least me, tend to have a bit of ocd compulsions, so I'm sure our compulsions change all the time haha. Right now, i'm happy with what I have. Have 17 new varieties I'm going to put outside, and I see that I have so many plants, and 5x that amount in variety in seeds really is my equilibrium or carrying capacity if you will lol. But, if there was one elusive that I'd like to know more about it's the Jobito, it has been so well spoken of and now people are just starting to grow it on this forum. 

I've heard rumors of a auction for the Lindberg seeds coming up. Just a heads up.

BigB said:
I have exactly 2 Jobito seeds. I planted Aji Jobito late and sort of forgot about it. It was my least productive plant but very tasty. I ate some & picked the last pod for seeds. Let it sit around for 2 weeks and when I went to harvest seeds, it was moldy inside. So I'm stuck with just those 2 seeds. I'd planned on putting Jobito seeds on a seed train. Will plant and cross my fingers. Sorry I can't help you out on that one.   

Mostly the ‘Unicorn’ type strains- Judy’s ‘BLACK’ Lava's… (Mustard Lava's (seen some green also... may have just been the immature mustards, can't remember) or even the Caramel would be nice too!) Two others that fall in the unicorn category would be Ed Currie's Death & Turd peppers respectively. Heard there is a white (cream?) Reaper (Primo) too...

I ‘had’ the Wartryx (and the ‘variant’- 2 plants of each…also ‘Faces’- all were nuked on my balcony by the hellish heat! I’d happily of given you some Rick! :tear:  Any of MA’s I don’t have…Choc 7 Pot, Pink 7 Pot, Pixies (various colors), Flats, and who knows what others there are.

WL’s Red (especially Yellow!) Dystopia, Badbrains, and that BBG x Yellow Jalapeno cross! Oz Brainkiller... For fun (know they aren’t even stabilized) – the other coloration of BBG7’s (Yellow, Orange, Peach, etc..etc..) The same with the BBM’s- the Yellow’s and Red’s specifically (also lost the BBM & BMM last season).

One I actually NEED (or I think I do… ;)) would be SMALL (not Large- SMALL!!) Orange Thai! Wanted to try it in a pot, perhaps even see if it can fruit as a houseplant/sun-facing window grow next season. I absolutely love Thai’s, and I always heard/read that the small orange were they best flavored of them all- fresh and dried! I can only but imagine!

There are many more of course- most fall into the 'crosses upon crosses upon crosses' category- some aren't really available but are more 'locked-down' so to speak (a few other than the unicorn varieties listed above fall into this group of being more locked down/must receive proper permission/ the 'blessing' to grow)

Aside from Tepin's (the plain Red's, not even the Cappuccino & Yellow varieties) I'm afraid to even think of getting into wilds, I may loose my mind! Same with the abundance of Aji's- so many! The Jobito & other Lindberg seeds for sure!

Now what would really be interesting to know… is what people have in their ‘secret stash’, things that are no longer ‘dreams’ because they actually have them- just not tellin’ anyone! It's all novelty though really, the excitement of anything 'new'.   :party:

coachspencerxc said:
...or two, or three? ...but really, not a long wish list. 

Maybe someone will have pity on you (me) and hook you (me) up. 

There's always that latest & greatest thing you find out about that you have to add to the list or the picture you see that makes you say, "I have to have that." My potential grow list is never closed to new stuff like that, but I've gone through & think I've got a list I'm going to enjoy without being unmanageable. Shooting for 160-180 plants with 110 varieties. Down from 280 plants & 180 varieties this year.

I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on at least 2-4 seeds of just about every variety I really want through trades, seed trains, purchasing & the generosity of others.

The two that are eluding me are:
Wartryx
Madame Jeannette

I had Yaki Blue Fawn on that list but I have some headed to me in the mail. I would certainly welcome a Wartryx or Madame Jeannette trade or donation. I have two off phenos of Wartryx, but not the "real thing."

What small piece of your dream grow list are you missing? Maybe someone will help you out. Maybe it'll be me. 

Duffy is selling Wartryx, Wartryx variant and Faces. He's supposed to be putting seed back up soon. He took them off the site during his "triple your order" holiday sale because he didn't have enough to do that with them. If you only want 2 or 3 Wartryx I could do that.

Alchymystic said:
Mostly the ‘Unicorn’ type strains- Judy’s ‘BLACK’ Lava's… (Mustard Lava's (seen some green also... may have just been the immature mustards, can't remember) or even the Caramel would be nice too!) Two others that fall in the unicorn category would be Ed Currie's Death & Turd peppers respectively. Heard there is a white (cream?) Reaper (Primo) too...

I ‘had’ the Wartryx (and the ‘variant’- 2 plants of each…also ‘Faces’- all were nuked on my balcony by the hellish heat! I’d happily of given you some Rick! :tear:  Any of MA’s I don’t have…Choc 7 Pot, Pink 7 Pot, Pixies (various colors), Flats, and who knows what others there are.

WL’s Red (especially Yellow!) Dystopia, Badbrains, and that BBG x Yellow Jalapeno cross! Oz Brainkiller... For fun (know they aren’t even stabilized) – the other coloration of BBG7’s (Yellow, Orange, Peach, etc..etc..) The same with the BBM’s- the Yellow’s and Red’s specifically (also lost the BBM & BMM last season).

One I actually NEED (or I think I do… ;)) would be SMALL (not Large- SMALL!!) Orange Thai! Wanted to try it in a pot, perhaps even see if it can fruit as a houseplant/sun-facing window grow next season. I absolutely love Thai’s, and I always heard/read that the small orange were they best flavored of them all- fresh and dried! I can only but imagine!

There are many more of course- most fall into the 'crosses upon crosses upon crosses' category- some aren't really available but are more 'locked-down' so to speak (a few other than the unicorn varieties listed above fall into this group of being more locked down/must receive proper permission/ the 'blessing' to grow)

Aside from Tepin's (the plain Red's, not even the Cappuccino & Yellow varieties) I'm afraid to even think of getting into wilds, I may loose my mind! Same with the abundance of Aji's- so many! The Jobito & other Lindberg seeds for sure!

Now what would really be interesting to know… is what people have in their ‘secret stash’, things that are no longer ‘dreams’ because they actually have them- just not tellin’ anyone! It's all novelty though really, the excitement of anything 'new'.   :party:

Red BBM- John Ford is selling them, have a pack ordered myself
BBM, BMM- Not sure if you need these but I can send a few if you do
Small Orange Thai- I can send seed for this. Have an entire sfrb of ones that I dried and am going to grind into powder
Tepin- I have seed coming for wild red, yellow and cappuccino. Was part of a fundraiser for CP. I can do a couple of each when I get them
BBG7- Stefan (meatfreak) sells almost all the colors on his site tasty-peppers.nl  It's an overseas site but I got all my orders with 0 problems.

I have everything I want for next spring. The last thing I wanted was some CPR seeds which looks like the ultimate nasty chocolate pepper. The seeds are on their way now. I got a bunch of Wartryx seeds from Matt early this year. I got about 40 plants, and I think I may not have planted them all. I'll go look. I have about 15 jobito plants right now and they are just now starting to flower. I'll have piles of seeds by the end of February.
Tom

chiltepin said:
If we are talking unicorn seeds:

true c. parvifolium
c. dusenii
c. caballeroi (whatever nigel said)

good topic

jim

p.s. evanwilliams1988 has helped with elusive seeds recently, as well as others. tnx.
Have you seen the photos on the Pepperfriends forum? Claudio and Leonardo just got back from Bolivia with photos of caballeroi and minutiflorum. They spent a day in Brazil and saw dusenii and shottianum, plus maybe a new species. I was meant to go, but had to have back surgery instead. Great trade off  :doh:

http://www.pepperfriends.com/forum/topic/14569-bolivia/

I am fortunate enough to have met a member on here that suggested I broaden my horizons. I did just that, and some things ppl label 'elusive' today, I had seed for last year(figure of speech). Wont name that person, they know who they are, thank you

Back