• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What's wrong with this picture....?

There's been a family of chipmunks living on/in the lawn near my deck for the past year and a half. The last time I mowed the lawn, in June, I nearly broke my neck by falling into the big hole they've burrowed in the bloody lawn. 'Course these little f#$%ers are all cuddly and cute, so one can't do anything to upset the little chipmunks, right?
So tonight I'm smoking a pork butt on the little deck smoker. I soaked the Hickory wood chips in water and wrapped them up in foil and put them on the hot coals. 'Cos I'm only using the compact grill, the fat from the butt dripped into the Hickory chips and about a half hour into smoking the buggers set on fire. So I've got a pack of Hickory chips in aluminum foil, blazing and gushing out black smoke, and I'm wondering what to do with them.

Now the question is this, was it wrong of me to shove them in the bloody chipmunk hole, then grab my camera and sit back with a Jack 'n Coke waiting for the fun to happen? ....Because apparently, to certain people that wasn't so funny. Now the strife is sulking in the TV room. She lit off a fire extinguisher for the first time since prom night and she's soiled her knickers.

Was it wrong, or was it OK....help!

pull the car around hose from the exhaust pipe to the hole. Start car, go inside mix a drink, go fiddle with any plants or make something to eat and after 30 minutes turn off and move car. they go to sleep on their cozy little home/burial plot

As my good friend Carl Spackler once said "License to kill chipmunks by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill chipmunks at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."

As my good friend Carl Spackler once said "License to kill chipmunks by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill chipmunks at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."

Holy crap that's some serious anti-chipmunk rhetoric!! I better strike before they start asking for equal rights....

I like the petrol idea, since I keep the can for the lawnmower and weed whacker just a few feet away from their hole. Maybe I could make it look like an accident :rofl:

But knowing my luck, the other entrance to their lair would be under my deck, I'd light the fuse then step back and watch my deck burn to the ground....hmmm....obviously this needs careful planning :hell:

"Come to Rooze varmint. Ok. I guess we're playing for keeps now. I guess the kidding around is pretty much over, huh? I guess it's pretty much just a matter of pumping about 15,000 gallons of water down there, to teach you a little bit of a lesson. Is that it? I think it is.
"

There ain't no chipmonks anywhere down south I have ever lived (and I have lived a lot of places down south)...to me they are just striped rats...

I can send some down in a box if you wish, smoked and unsmoked available.... $0.50 each plus shipping from WI. :)

Funny story and you were so right to do what you did. Hold your head up high sir. :clap:

No chipmunks in Australia and all I know about them is from Alvin but can't you send a killer ferret down the hole or something?

Back