• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Whats you favourite Sweet Peppers

I have a really squatty heirloom bell that is red with thick walls. Soooooooo sweet. I will grow it every year. I have some seeds, but I am not sure of the exact variety.

I don't eat sweet peppers, I used to years and years ago. I know quite a few people like the Ramiro from the supermarkets. I'm growing California Wonder for my Mum but she's used to the basic ones from Asda so they should taste better.

I love sweet peppers for stuffing. I usually make them really deceiving because I stuff them with sausage made with fresh Habs plus I usually throw in some extra Habs for more flavor. The finished dish is amazing because you end up with the sweet and hot flavors all mingling. It's just great...

Super Sheppard & Sugar Banana in that category are the winners crunchy & extra sweet great for salad full with vitamins.

While not a bell...I like Lipsticks. I grill red bells and it really brings out the sweetness. Once I put them on a cool side of the grill and forgot about them. Came back an hour later and they were like carmelized crispy bell pepper chips. Very sweet and tasty!
Cheers, TB.

I don't know what the orange bell peppers are called in the grocery store, but I like those. I would actually grow a ton of those if I had room. I love them in my salads!! I like Banana peppers as well. I'm not sure if they are considered a sweet, but they sure do taste good pickled and stacked on a sandwich. With some hot ones to of course:lol:

anybody tried Pimento De Padron ? no there sweet but have been told they can be hot sometimes..and iam growing some:think:

Thx margarida did wonder what they be like got 6 plants so was starting to wonder what the taste would be like seeing as i might end up with a number of pods :lol:;)

talas said:
Thx margarida did wonder what they be like got 6 plants so was starting to wonder what the taste would be like seeing as i might end up with a number of pods :lol:;)
Do all those winks mean you're flirting with her? :P

Omri said:
Do all those winks mean you're flirting with her? :P

im a married man 0mri..anyways beats seeing you flirting with a certain lady of many colors..the name alludes me :think::party:

Back