favorite What's your favorite beer?

Capsicum

Banned
Thought I would ask. So many beers out there. :surprised:

Being a Cono Sur ;) it is hard for me to favor just one beer. I have had many kinds of beers from different regions. All in all, I like Czech Pilsners and German Pilsners. Bitburger is a German Pilsner I enjoy most. I would say Bitburger has a crisp dry finish.

All beers have their own characteristics and I will sample ANY beer as long as I'm not buying of course ;)

I want to hear some new beers.

What do you consider your number one choice beer and why?

I am a huge fan of Sweetwater Brewings IPA and 420 Pale ale. Great beers with awesome hop profiles. There are lots more but you asked for 1 and I still gave 2

I switched from beer to liquor at about 18(seriously) but I have been known to chug the occasional Corona when hot is on the menu. Corona and lime. Margarita if they have a lick her license.... I mean liquor ! ;)

I switched from beer to liquor at about 18(seriously) but I have been known to chug the occasional Corona when hot is on the menu. Corona and lime. Margarita if they have a lick her license.... I mean liquor ! ;)

Yes I prefer liquor over beer. I like wine pairing with foods :surprised:

Corona can legally be called, "Beer?" :shocked:

hahaha :P

Arrogant Bastard Ale looks good. :surprised:

Like I said I will sample ANY beer and give a review, no matter where it is from or the price, as long as I do not buy!! :party:

Probably not. It's more like sweat of vacero with a hint of lime.
I*t's great as a preemptive strike against a fifth of Cabo Wabo tequila !

I have yet to try the formerly owned Sammy Hagar tequila. How is it?
I like Corralejo Reposado personally.

Yes I prefer liquor over beer. I like wine pairing with foods :surprised:

hahaha :P

Arrogant Bastard Ale looks good. :surprised:

Like I said I will sample ANY beer and give a review, no matter where it is from or the price, as long as I do not buy!! :party:

It is an excellent American Strong Ale Capsicum. Corona on the other hand I consider a Mexico equivalent of Miller. :lol:

So many beers, so little time. I have different favorites depending on mood and time of year.

Summer time I LOVE Shiner Bock. 100 degree day, need something cold & refreshing? Shiner will do you right every time.
I also enjoy Negro Modelo quite a bit in warm weather. No lime - it's tasty without it.
I like 5 or 6 different IPAs if I'm in the mood for one.
Brown ale I love Samuel Smith's nut brown
Stout, Murphy's is pretty good, but Sheaf Stout is my favorite. Looks like motor oil. Another good one is the Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. yum.
Belgium style I like Shock Top - has a hint of orange from orangepeel
Arrogant Bastard is a great beer as is Racer 5 - everything from that brewery kicks ass. (I think they're the same folks) They're all like 7-9%

there's just so many. I can't say any one is my favorite?

Belgium style I like Shock Top - has a hint of orange from orangepeel
I tried some of Shock Top's Belgian White a couple of days ago and it reminded me of a Miller Lite that had been opened the night before, mixed with seltzer water and a splash of orange juice. I threw the other 5 from the 6er in the trash.
Chimay Tripel White is a great Belgian beer... The red and blue are awesome as well.
I really like Unibroues Trois Pistoles Belgian Strong Dark Ale. Lots of flavors going on from carmel to cloves. Definetly a sipping beer but tastes great all the way to the belly!

Shiner Bock is definetly awesome during the heat of summer and usually have a keg on hand during the summer months.

I tried some of Shock Top's Belgian White a couple of days ago and it reminded me of a Miller Lite that had been opened the night before, mixed with seltzer water and a splash of orange juice. I threw the other 5 from the 6er in the trash.
Chimay Tripel White is a great Belgian beer... The red and blue are awesome as well.
I really like Unibroues Trois Pistoles Belgian Strong Dark Ale. Lots of flavors going on from carmel to cloves. Definetly a sipping beer but tastes great all the way to the belly!

Shiner Bock is definetly awesome during the heat of summer and usually have a keg on hand during the summer months.

lmao - I didn't think the shock top was the best ever, but certainly not trash worthy. hilarious description though. haha

Can't believe I didn't list Stella - for every day "I'll have a beer with X at a restaurant" I love me some Stella.

I'm gonna have to go with Red Stripe. Very drinkable beer. Plus its made in Jamaica and there is nothing wrong with that! I live about 20 miles from Milwaukee and there are so many different micro brews around that it would be hard to choose from one or another. Some beer is good always and some beer is good with certain food, just really depends for me.

I'm gonna have to go with Red Stripe. Very drinkable beer. Plus its made in Jamaica and there is nothing wrong with that! I live about 20 miles from Milwaukee and there are so many different micro brews around that it would be hard to choose from one or another. Some beer is good always and some beer is good with certain food, just really depends for me.

Hey I have had Red Stripe. I do like.

Yea carvin I know what you are saying bout the corona. Its funny I knew a corona drinker that also liked miller :surprised:

@Lucky Dog Hot Sauce-To me I would choose negra modelo over corona, but corona is ok. I know I like the modelo without lime.

@HopsnBarley-As for the Belgian Chimay Tripel White never had it I should try it. I think Dutch beer is the best. Even though dutch beer is over rated as other regions do make good beer, I just enjoy dutch beer like no other!!!

@Lucky Dog Hot Sauce-To me I would choose negra modelo over corona, but corona is ok. I know I like the modelo without lime.

@HopsnBarley-As for the Belgian Chimay Tripel White never had it I should try it. I think Dutch beer is the best. Even though dutch beer is over rated as other regions do make good beer, I just enjoy dutch beer like no other!!!

For Dutch beer I am partial to Brond and Grolsh over Amstel and Heineken. I lived in Holland for 2 years and Brond was by far my favorite but it's not exported. And unfortunately we only get the Amstel Light here in the US.

Also, I never said Corona - I hate Corona, but if I'm in Mexico and drunk already I'll drink it because it's there, cheap & cold. Negro Modello requires no lime as it's delicious. :cheers:

For Dutch beer I am partial to Brond and Grolsh over Amstel and Heineken. I lived in Holland for 2 years and Brond was by far my favorite but it's not exported. And unfortunately we only get the Amstel Light here in the US.

Also, I never said Corona - I hate Corona, but if I'm in Mexico and drunk already I'll drink it because it's there, cheap & cold. Negro Modello requires no lime as it's delicious. :cheers:

I know I was saying that because corona and modelo are from the same region.

I also enjoy Negro Modelo quite a bit in warm weather. No lime - it's tasty without it.

Mexico's best beer in my opinion.

Arrogant Bastard is a great beer as is Racer 5 - everything from that brewery kicks ass. (I think they're the same folks) They're all like 7-9%

Agreed! Racer 5 is very good as well. I think I need a part time job at BevMo. ;)

there's just so many. I can't say any one is my favorite?

Agreed. There are so many good micro brews that it boggles the mind.
How about Buffalo Bills Brewery in Hayward? The Tasmanian Devil and Ricochet Red are fantastic. :cheers:
For Dutch beer I am partial to Brond and Grolsh over Amstel and Heineken. I lived in Holland for 2 years and Brond was by far my favorite but it's not exported. And unfortunately we only get the Amstel Light here in the US

I am half Dutch (Van Buskirk) and have had Grolsh but not Brond. Maybe I need to try that.

I like The blond Belgian ale, named The End of History because it's the strongest
& every purchase helps fight against pests. It's on sale for $765-a-bottle

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/07/22/worlds-strongest-beer-launches-bottle/

endofhistory.jpg

My absolute favorite beer is Harviestoun Ola Dubh. The 12 variant is the best bang for the buck, the 30 and 40 are great but not worth 3-4x the price.

My favorite "common" beer is Founders Breakfast Stout (or Kentucky Breakfast Stout or Canadian Breakfast Stout).

I like The blond Belgian ale, named The End of History because it's the strongest
& every purchase helps fight against pests. It's on sale for $765-a-bottle

http://www.foxnews.c...aunches-bottle/

endofhistory.jpg

Yea see thats not exactly correct

2 years ago it was on sale, they made 12 bottles of it, and they were all pre-sold before hand

its 55% alcohol, and it is in no way shape or form a belgian blonde

how do I know this?

because I had it, in Aberdeen, Scotland, at the Brewdog Bar

along with a bunch of other brewdog stuff

2011-05-03_22-36-04_241.jpg

2011-05-03_23-15-18_253.jpg

2011-05-03_21-59-58_976.jpg

2011-05-03_22-00-09_452.jpg

Back