favorite What's your favorite beer?

I haven't touched a miller or bud product in at least 12 years since microbrewers came about. Lived in Cincinnati all my life for the most part (50+ yrs) and always have a soft spot for local brews.
I still enjoy Little Kings cream ale (my record back in my drinking days was 18 before I lost track...of everything..lol)
Christian Moerlein
The Moerlein Lager House Summer Ale (in Cincy) great eats too !
Sam Adams products 1)Boston lager 2)on tap: Summer ale...currently drinking a 3)Octoberfest while typing this.
My bro-in-law(a Brew-Master)that makes a awesome Belgian brew that will put hair on your chest.
Toured the U.S. 3 years ago and in Rapid City a place call Firehouse Brewery had a excellent Summer Ale and great food !
This can be a long list... but I'll just say...Support your local small breweries, there are guys(and gals) that use better hops/malts and such and you'll get a higher quality brew from them.
honorable mention for Sammy Smiths Oatmeal stout
... and my fav German brew when in Germany ... Stuttgarter Hofbräu Export or pilsner.
I've got about another 25 or so but I need to finish my sammy first...burp :cheers:

I guess I would have to say my all time favorite is a tie between Torpedo from Sierra Nevada or Arrogant Bastard. really hard to even give an all time fav since i love all beer styles. IPA being some of my favorites i also have a taste for the belgian beers as well. Pyratt ale, Chimay, Duvell and so on. it really depends on the weather outside and my mood at the time (I am known to enjoy a good imperial stout in the middle of summer)

Two from Boulevard's Smokestack Series and one of two Sam Adams that I like....the Tank 7 was a bit of a change from my usual range being a Saison/Farmhouse Ale but with it being so damn hot this summer, I needed a break from the dark stuff. The Dark Truth Stout was incredible. Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

2625081655_photobucket_316095_.jpg

2625081655_photobucket_316088_.jpg

2625081655_photobucket_328606_.jpg

Back when I drank beer ( Blue Ribbon--in junior and high school)
Well. I liked Blue Ribbon and Schlitz.
After 10 th grade I switched to Bourbon.
After moving to Floridastan I switched to rum.
After moving here...I make my own ( from sugar cane).
For you beer guys---Google Volcano Brewery, Lake Arenal. It's just down the road. I grab a quart now and then to put in chili.I like the flavor but I don't have the interest in drinking 20 beers to get a 6 ounce moonshine buzz.

I marinated a beef heart in their pale ale last night. Very nice tacos this evening.

If you use beer in your chili, do NOT forget to add chunk of dark chocolate right before serving it.

I am not a beer drinker, but when i am, i either drink guinness or youngs double choclate stout, or Rouge Chocolate Stout.

But of the 3, guinness is number #1

I like so many but Mirror Pond Pale Ale from Deschutes Brewery, Red Tail Ale from the Mendocino brewery and the Sierra Nevada collection stand out the most.

Mmmm... This thread sure makes a man thirsty...

Give me anything from Unibrou.
We are finally nearing Oktoberfest season. I hold off until at least septemember 1st before I start drinking them. I like it to keep its novelty.

O'fests and pumpkin beers are my absolute favorite time O' year for beer

I went to a place called world of beer yesterday, and tried the ghost pepper beer, and let me tell ya, it was kind of disquisting. jalapeons had more spiced than the beer. Also, some times when you have cinamon than drink a coke and you get that weird tingeling feel, thats what it reminded me of when drinking. It was a very very big let down, almost to the point i am about to email them to let them know how much it sucked.

What I like depends on the season. I'm a fan of malt much more than I am of hops. In the cold months I like the thick, dark stuff... Scotch Ale, Belgian Triple, Stout and Porter. During the summer I like Hefewiezen, Dunkelweizen, Lambic and the Canadian Ales like LaBatt's, Molson and Moosehead.
Nothing personal, but I can't stand IPA or Pilsener. If you like them you can have mine...

orangeboom
straub american lager
leffe brown abby ale
stella artois
these are the ones i willing to admit to liking

thanks

Any of the Moa brewery beers from new Zealand , imported grolsch with the swing lid, Red stripe is great in summer. Montieths winter ale , Macs black and sassy red from new Zealand , imported asahi and on and on I go!!

I was drinking Monteith's pilsner the other night. I must say I was impressed. Can't wait to try some of their other stuff.

depends on season and company.

Wells Banana Bread Beer - all year, but especially winter months
Fruli - summer, first beer of the evening and then switch
Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock - with some salami, jamon and smoked cheddar
Rolling Rock - summer
Guinness - only in UK/Ireland
Patagonia Amber Lager - autumn
James Boag Draught - all year standard beer
Little Creatures Pale Ale - winter, spring
Satan Gold - summer
Antartica - summer
Montejo - whenever I can get it which is very rare here
Badger Fursty Ferret - winter
Marstons Oyster Stout - cold and cooler days
Kuppers Kolsch - spring, summer
Tusker - summer
Leon - autumn, spring
Windhoek Draught - all year (when I can get it)
Super Bock (red) - summer
Monteiths (any) - all year
Red Cuillan - winter
Ndovu Special Malt - summer
Brains - autumn, winter

Geez, i've rambled a bit, but that doesn't touch the sides. So many beers, so little time!

got another i like Guinness Extra stout, i hated it when i was younger i guess you taste change as you age
would not want to drink lots of it or all the time but i can say i do like it
thanks your friend Joe

Back