• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite WHATS YOUR FAVORITE PEPPER??

HELLO AGAIN!!

I guess it goes without saying by my screen name that i love AJI PEPPERS MY FAVORITE ARE "AJI AMARILLO AND AJI OMNI-COLOR'

i also love Habaneros Jamaican Hot Chocolate is at the top of the list

WHATS YOURS?? LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper
wiggum-pepper2.jpg

Hard to say right now since I've not had that much experience, but for flavour probably the Big Sun Scotch Bonnet. :dance:

this is a hard question because my fav. hot sauce contains a pepper that is not my favorite (or is it bc its my fav sauce?) which is a perri perri sauce.... but my new favorite, bc i have been playing around with it the most now that my plants are maturing is the devils tounge!

xo nicole

Hard to say... I've liked most of what I've had so far. Chocolate Habanero and Jamaican Hot Chocolate for heat, Orange Habanero (for that "habanero" flavor), Hot Lemon (nice heat would go well in foods as a replacement for cayenne), Red Dominica Habanero for pure size plus taste, Burkina Yellow for cool shape... hell, even Tabasco seems to be excellent for powder.

Lots more still to ripen, examine and try out... one (each) new ripe Mustard Habanero, Congo Trinidad, Congo Yellow, and Harold's St. Barts are ready, and I've got a Bhut turning orange (Yay! My first superhot!!!).

I wasn't too thrilled with the Amazon, Datil, or Peach Habanero (though the Peach was, IMO, the best of the three). Not amazed by the Pimenta de Cheiro either, but I intend to try making powder with it; I have a feeling that'll turn out well.

My favorite superhot so far has been the Naga Morich and the Aji Escabeche/Amarillo for food dishes. I still have many more to try and I imagine it will most likely depend on how they are being used. The beauty of it is that there are so many with so many different possibilities. ;)

for extreme heat and flavor, I am dead set on the 7 Pot...

Devils Tongue/Fatalii are hot and have great flavor similar to the 7 Pot IMO...

Wild Tepins are great for a little hit of heat while in the garden...pick a red one and pop it in your mouth then "bite" it every now and again for a long lasting burn...

Billy Biker Jalapenos - this is the wifes favorite...great taste for heat for a Jap...

Bhut Jolokia/Bih Jolokia/Naga Morich/Dorset Naga...to me, these all taste the same and have a very similar heat...but...in my experience, the Bhuts are larger pods...

Trinidad Scorpion - the taste of these are just OK to me but the heat is different than the other Superhots...immediate hit on the heat that feels like a white hot tattoo needle dancing across the middle of tongue and down the throat, or as Hippy says "the backa my throat" :lol: ...the burn actually hurts me...

Yellow7 and Fatalii would be my top 2, but very closely followed by a fat, juicy, red ripe Serrano. The Jonah would be number 1 if it wasn't so damned hot. The best flavour of them all but must be used sparingly. :)

So far for me, it's a tie between the Bhut Jolokia for it's flavor and intense heat and Trinidad Scorpion Cardi, which is lower on the heat scale but has a great taste to it. The Bonda Ma Jacques was also a tasty one. I'll be trying Some more super hots today so we'll see what they have to bring.

oh ya know i almost forgot and that's really bad considering im growing a bunch of them "BRAIN FART"

"CUMARI DO PARA" aka Wild Brazil i love those little yellow fireballs!!

if you never tried them you really should, you wont be sorry!! they have a Habanero like appeal with a citrus flair that is second to none when it comes to hots with that kind of character they kind of explode in your mouth but the flavor will amaze you!!

keep um coming this is getting interesting!!

your friend AjiJoe

I haven't had that many yet, but I would say Fatalii. It was every bit as flavorful as I was hoping for. Cappy gave me an "unknown" that has fantastic flavor too...I need to name it.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper
wiggum-pepper2.jpg

Seriously though, so far my favorite is Caribbean Red for sure. Of all the ones I've tried it's definitely my favorite. Super hots aren't common around these parts and I haven't tried many because I usually just grow nursery bought habs rather than buy exotic seeds. That's going to change next season though. :onfire:

My favorite is Caribbean Reds. Great flavor, plenty of heat and grow very good for me.

The best overall pepper in my garden is the Super Chilli F1. I can't say enough good things about this pepper. The heat is equal or better than a Cayenne, but the taste is phenomenal. A great multipurpose pepper; can be dried and made into crushed pepper or ground into a powder. I made a Tabsaco style hot sauce using Super Chilli's and it was my best batch created. Nice pickeled as well. Great cooking pepper. The bush only grows to about 2 foot tall, not super bushy, so it leaves plenty of room for other plants. The yeilds are massive. I consider this a must grow pepper. If you've never tried them, do it. The reason I call it the best overall pepper is because not everyone likes the super hots.

818_8.jpg

PepperSuperChili.jpg

Any variety of NM green chile. I know it doesn't resonate with you fans of the superhot varieties, but you can't beat the flavor of a good NM chile. And if you let it ripen to red, its even better ;-)

Hater - those Super Chili F1's sound great. Where'd you get them? Will you be putting any seeds up for trades?

Any variety of NM green chile. I know it doesn't resonate with you fans of the superhot varieties, but you can't beat the flavor of a good NM chile. And if you let it ripen to red, its even better ;-)

+1 on that. This is one hell of a year for Numex/Anaheims here in Potawieland, and I couldn't be happier :)
Fresnos and yellow scotch bonnets are always on my favorites list too

Back