What's your favourite variety?

tori said:
Hi
Also is there an exact number as the the different varieties of chillis?

The chileman's database has 3714 varieties listed but some are bell peppers and non-hots. There are a whole lot more out there that aren't listed too.

The current family favs are jalapeño,Serrano and habs in that order. Adding to the mix this year though. Its funny though my Dad who is 71 never would have anything to do with ANY hot pepper. Then I grew some Jalapeño and Serrano and now he loves them in just about anything lol. Guess its cuz they where home grown that made them better. Can't make chili without them now:P

Kevin

My all time favorite hot pepper is the Wild Brazil. They're bite sized C.Chinense bird peppers that have a good amount of heat and a great smoky/fruity flavor. My next two hot favorites are the Chocolate Habanero, followed by the Habanero Ivory.

My favorite non-hot pepper is the Venezuelan Sweet Habanero. It has all the flavor of a Habanero without the heat.

Alan

Venezuelan Sweet Habanero I tasted one of these a few years ago, they are delicious without the burn. great for cooking with to add up the hab flavour without overdoing the burn.

Im really liking the St Martins Seasoning Pepper atm, Fataliis are pretty hard to beat though, fantastic flavour, I also really like my Carribean Hot Reds.

Back