• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

When are peppers too ripe?

imaguitargod said:
Nope, I think there's only 8 or 10 states that have passed laws for it.
Here's the list:
Alaska
California
Colorado
Hawaii
Maine
Maryland
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
Oregon
Rhode Island
State of Washington
Vermont

imaguitargod said:
Here's the list:
Alaska
California
Colorado
Hawaii
Maine
Maryland
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
Oregon
Rhode Island
State of Washington
Vermont

And most of those are states i would prefer to live in....

Brokensea said:
wow thats some fine buds there bud.

Well, thanks for the complement...enjoys some more fine ones
bud1.jpg

bud2.jpg

bud4.jpg

whoa! i grew it once....but i didnt get a single female. ;)

still, though harsh, the males i grew weren't half bad.

i would so love to grow it again. if only NJ would pass new laws. :P

I trained them to grow in zig zag shape. it was cool.

what was the original topic here??

fineexampl said:
whoa! i grew it once....but i didnt get a single female. :)

still, though harsh, the males i grew weren't half bad.

i would so love to grow it again. if only NJ would pass new laws. :(

I trained them to grow in zig zag shape. it was cool.

what was the original topic here??

LST ftw! Sorry to hear bout the lack of females though, that's like mother nature giving you the middle finger.

After smoking with my neighbor as a teenager and being accused of being a narc by a huge, ugly, Harley rider. I swore to God I would never smoke again if He got me out alive. I kept my promise.

shredster said:
I know the seeds and seedy membrane contain mucho heat but I was thinking about store bought hot sauces and don't recall seeing seeds in them.

Making a batch tonight... maybe I'll try it with the seeds this time and throw the seeds and seed membranes in the blender. I don't put the peppers in a blender though and mince them instead so there is a nice red granule look in the sauce as opposed to everything being liquified.

Dont throw out that membrane!

They dont just contain "mucho" heat, they actually contain most of the heat in the pepper.

I make my sauce seeds and all and puree it in the food processer

Pot plants will change sex on you.....in order to get a pure female crop of pot, you have to force them into the flowering state via manipulating the photoperiod...when you see the males, you pull them up....then force them back into the vegetative state....then after about 2 weeks force them back into the flowering state via photoperiod and pull the males up again...then back to the vegetative state...repeat this process 3 times and you will have very few plants that transition from female to male....

AlabamaJack said:
Pot plants will change sex on you.....in order to get a pure female crop of pot, you have to force them into the flowering state via manipulating the photoperiod...when you see the males, you pull them up....then force them back into the vegetative state....then after about 2 weeks force them back into the flowering state via photoperiod and pull the males up again...then back to the vegetative state...repeat this process 3 times and you will have very few plants that transition from female to male....

They can also be hermaphrodite. This can either be caused by f'ed up genetics or by stressing the plants via too much heat or something. Hermies are worse than males cause they're harder to identify and you could end up having a whole seeded crop from one stray little male flower. It sucks.

Wtf are peppers?

agree on the hermaprodites...but the Phd Horticulturalist I learned from taught me that 3 photoperiod changes was close to 100% effective in weeding out (pun intended) the males....

AlabamaJack said:
agree on the hermaprodites...but the Phd Horticulturalist I learned from taught me that 3 photoperiod changes was close to 100% effective in weeding out (pun intended) the males....

You remind me of the old man in the movie with Kevin Kostner, The Postman......."I know stuff!!!". Got his airborne tattoo in a little place called Saigon.

cheezydemon said:
If you de-seed for sauce, you are leaving heat on the table!!

Sorry for interrupting your discussion on mind altering substances but I've (very) recently come to the conclusion that dehydrating and grinding up peppers with the seeds left in give the resulting powder a "musty" taste and smell. When I take the seeds out, but leave the placenta in, the smell and taste of the powder seems fresher and more "life-like" if I can use that expression. I am really not totally sold that the seeds are all that hot. I've chewed up a seven pod seed just to see what it would "do" and I found no heat there. I have therefore made the decision to pull all seeds out of the peppers before dehydrating henceforth. Am I full of shit? :party:

Back