• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

When should I transplant?

Well here is a small updates on my peppers. All seeds have now fully sprouted, and seem to be doing great, besides some growing to the side? Not sure why they seem to be doing this. Anyhow, my question is for my Sweet Cayenne pepper, the largest one in the picture. At what size should I consider transplanting to a larger red plastic drinking cup?

i would wait till they all have there true second set of leaves the one in the back left i would repot into those red drinking cups. use some good soil and then ur off to a great start.

(im no expert corey but thats what i would do)

i would wait till they all have there true second set of leaves the one in the back left i would repot into those red drinking cups. use some good soil and then ur off to a great start.

(im no expert corey but thats what i would do)

Thanks for the advice Tony! As soon as find an adequate light source, (still debating on what to get) I'll move the largest to a red cup.

i usually wait until I can pull the entire rootball/soil mass out of the container in one piece, by pulling the stem upwards when the soil is dry, to transplant.

that way you know you have got a solid root system and it makes the whole process much easier.

just make an indent the size of your old pot/cup in your new pot full o soil and you are good to go

i usually wait until I can pull the entire rootball/soil mass out of the container in one piece, by pulling the stem upwards when the soil is dry, to transplant.

that way you know you have got a solid root system and it makes the whole process much easier.

just make an indent the size of your old pot/cup in your new pot full o soil and you are good to go
yes i agree

it is much easier this way i do the same thing

thanks joe

Well. I just google imaged a cucumber seedling, and you're right. I have no idea what the seedlings are SUPPOSED to look like, so I would've had no idea. I wonder how that seed got mixed into the packet of cayennes I bought though. Super weird!

Cucumber seeds look nothing like pepper seeds, that's a major mix up. But Cukes are fun to grow and great healthy food so it's all good.

cucumber-seeds.jpg

Cucumber seeds

Yeah, definitely don't kill it. And I wasn't trying to be an ass, I was just wondering if you knew that. All the other seedlings look good and like some have said wait till they have a few good sets of true leaves. Do those little pots have any drain holes in them? You also might want to think about thinning them out soon. If not then those little pots will become very over crowded very quickly and they will suck all the moisture out of the mix in no time and you might come home one day and see they are dead from drying out.

Back