• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

When to Start

I was just wondering when ya'll are going to start planting seed for next year? might get started soon need some kinda project to do!

yeah im going to start mine pretty early this year. so they are already pretty big b4 i plant out. already getting to like 40s at night here i think. and ive only gotten like 10 pods ripe so far

I have a few started already, yeah I know it's early, but what the heck...they'll be ready when the warm weather gets back in town. I have some fatali's, and a few red pete's that are doing well so far. I also have some bhut seeds sown, just no spouts yet...it's been about 11 days on them so far.

Not a chance of me worrying...if patience was money, I'd be one of the richest people on the planet!:mouthonfire:

I'm looking forward to the overwinter projects....and next summer should be a fun one!:hell:

Chiliac said:
Not to worry, Bhuts can take really long. 11 days is nothing, don't give up on them!

You have no idea how lucky you are, I am probably the most impatient person in the world when it comes to stuff I'm into! :)

I haven't figured it out yet...last year, I started the majority of my seeds the end of January, then started a second set the end of February as backups....that plan worked well for me and I may not change...It won't be necessary for me to be in a hurry since I will have several overwintered plants....

AlabamaJack said:
I haven't figured it out yet...last year, I started the majority of my seeds the end of January, then started a second set the end of February as backups....that plan worked well for me and I may not change...It won't be necessary for me to be in a hurry since I will have several overwintered plants....

...And a really long growing season... Bitter? Yes.

Just started 6 more varieties tonight....commercial seed so I aint quite sure how it will work out....although it aint all commercial...some is from the fine folks in here.....and I know it will work out...:hell:...so peace and chicken grease to all out there...let's get these chili's growin!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mouthonfire::mouthonfire:

the couple I started last season was in jan/feb but now thinking about it that I should also start more like dec or jan at the latest.

this season isnt done yet & I'm already thinking of what to plant next season or what seeds to get :lol:

my problem with starting them earlier is the plants get too tall for my grow areas...most of the annuums were 14-16" tall when I planted out in April....so 10 weeks is the max I can grow them inside....

After thinking about this thread and start dates, I will probably start the Chinense varieties earlier, like maybe New Years day or so....that would give them a big head start...but then again, the Nagas I started New Years day this year were over 3' tall at plantout....I am sooooooo confused on what to do...I have limited space for indoor growing...

How fast do Pubescens grow? Are they as slow as Chinense?

Back