• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Which is hottest, Jolokias/T. Scorpion/7 Pot/Nagas, etc.?

For those who have tried all the superhots, which do you think is the hottest? And why has no one tested the Trinidad Scorpion and 7 Pot on the Scoville scale?

This topic probably wont be entertained in this section...maybe better suited for the lounge? Also, I have never tried a superhot so I have no input either way. :lol:

none of those types are the hottest, the hottest pepper is the one they sell at the Home Depot it says so right on the label "Worlds Hottest"

ratman667 even took a pic, case closed :) lol

DSC_3068.jpg

I'll let you in on a great deal...

The world's hottest bell pepper. only $5 for 5 seeds + S&H :rofl:

Thats another really good one.

I think that sometimes it comes down to who grew the plant, not what plant it was. Potawie could have a killer Naga going while AJ has a Bhut that will snap your neck, Cmpman could have a Scorpion that pulls a gun on ya and PRF could have a 7 that throws you over the roof. More things to consider, in my opinion, than just genes.

Thats another really good one.

I think that sometimes it comes down to who grew the plant, not what plant it was. Potawie could have a killer Naga going while AJ has a Bhut that will snap your neck, Cmpman could have a Scorpion that pulls a gun on ya and PRF could have a 7 that throws you over the roof. More things to consider, in my opinion, than just genes.

So... we can assume that peppers are like dogs. Potencialy lethal! :hell:
In the end it all comes down to the "owner".

Unfortunately seems like I dont have that midas touch because my peepers insist in being just "mild"... even my nuclear ones

If your "nuclear" peppers seem mildish, they are more than likely an unpure strain that crossed with a wuss pepper. Try some seeds from Neil at THSC next season, he is said to have excellent strains...

If your "nuclear" peppers seem mildish, they are more than likely an unpure strain that crossed with a wuss pepper. Try some seeds from Neil at THSC next season, he is said to have excellent strains...

thanks Matt,
I guess I'll have to try and buy a few seeds from THSC ( have my eyes on then yellow scorpion ) and see if its a quality problem or if its an environment problem with my growing conditions.
Anyway I have a Naga, a 7pod and a Bhut growing ( besides all the others ) and I'm hopping they give me better results than last years Naga and Chocolate Habanero ( not so chocolate afterall ).

Bleash

thanks Matt,
I guess I'll have to try and buy a few seeds from THSC ( have my eyes on then yellow scorpion ) and see if its a quality problem or if its an environment problem with my growing conditions.
Anyway I have a Naga, a 7pod and a Bhut growing ( besides all the others ) and I'm hopping they give me better results than last years Naga and Chocolate Habanero ( not so chocolate afterall ).

Bleash

Sounds like they must be crosses especially if it wasn't even Chocolate. Any pics of what the Naga looked like?

Sounds like they must be crosses especially if it wasn't even Chocolate. Any pics of what the Naga looked like?

First time posting a picture so go easy on me as I'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn't...

SANY2319.jpg

So, this is my Naga from last year. It was hot but not nuclear.
It was in a hydro setup, does that significantly influence the heat level?

Bleash

Back