Which part of the Chile do i use?

Hi there, i wonder if someone could give me a bit of advice regarding cooking with Chile peppers, i have just got some Ahi Limon pepper's ripening, could anyone tell me which part of the pepper i use, is it just the fleshy part of the Chile, or do i use, the seeds as well?

I have just made some chile burgers with Ahi Limon Chile's, but i did not use the seeds, while the burgers did have a mild Lemony taste, they were not really very hot at all.

I know i could add more chopped Chile's next time but, I was wondering if the seeds are edible also, or even if they add to the heat of the Pepper.

Thanks.

seeds are edible, but they don't produce the heat. the capsaicin oil is in the stem and leaks out basically.

It's all preference basically. I prefer to remove most seeds if I feel like spending the time on that process but the whole pepper is edible and if you want the maximum heat, I just keep it as is without gutting the insides.

Generally the seeds will be attached to the pith or placenta (white fleshy stuff) which is where most of the heat is. If you like it hotter as I do, use the whole pepper. The only time I remove the innards is when making poppers, thus allowing more room for stuffing.

Salute',TB.

capsaicin is not produced in the stem...the capsaicin is produced in glands that are found in the placenta of the pods...

Back