• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

White Bullet Habs. Why so many problems?

AlabamaJack said:
It has to help...I found out that chinense don't like to fruit in those 100+ degree days...they grow like mad but mine didn't set fruit during the extremes of summer this year...

Pods in the mail Nat...
Hey AJ, just got back from Town and picked up your package! I had no idea that those were that small. For some reason, I had a picture in my mind of a pepper about the size of a Jalapeno. These are tiny little guys!

Thanks again for sending them to me. I'm going to dry them just as they are and after a couple of weeks in open air drying, I'll open one to see how the seeds are faring.

I was not aware of how prolific the white habs were...

RB - you mentioned that you love the taste, is it different from a orange hab?

Mmmmmm, smokey fruity lemon-liked hab. That description sounds awesome. The plant is probably worth the problems that it has.

The white bullet plants may look prolific but if you actually weigh the pods they hardly compare to most other C. chinense species. Another thing is they are likely not really habaneros since the white varieties appear to be from Peru or the Caribbean. I had problems originally with my white ammos germinating and growing but once I was able to save my own seeds, no more problems

The White Habanero I have never turns yellow at all like in AJ's pic, but go from light green to creamy white. Potawie very good observation, I have seen white hab seed listed under C. frutescens on some web sites. RB I agree they are small, you just have to eat more of them like 10 to 1. Their flavor and heat are in perfect balance to my taste buds. Pretty plants when loaded when loaded with small white peppers.
IMG_1190.jpg

Mine never turned as yellow as AJ's either but that might have been the light or something. Mine were more creamy like yours Pepper Ridge Farm with a hint of yellow. Maybe I shouldn't mention that the seeds originally came from ebay in my naive days.

A lot of people have difficulty with the giant white habs, including me. Luigi suggests that this variety is very demanding with nutrients. In two years of growing them I've only managed to get 2 pods and always poor germination:( but I'll try again next season.

Back