• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

White fly glue traps

I picked these up while at the store the other day on a whim, thinking they might be useful in my reoccoring battle with aphids. And honestly the one has what appears to be a dozen or so adult aphids on it. I could be wrong but I think its helping. Idk maybe be something to consider

For me, so far so good haven't found a single aphid.

AJ has researched this subject extensively…you might look for some of his links!
It's my understanding that left uncheck total infestation could accrue quite quickly.

That's a hell I've only seen once. They ate all the vegetation off the two plants I wanted to overwinter. I was spraying them every day and killing thousands, but thousands would return the next day. I had to get them out of the house and was only months away from next season's new seedlings. As I think back on it, I do believe the soil might have been saturated with eggs as well. AJ is so careful that he will not allow visitors to stop by depending on where they have been recently. He grows semi-commercially and it would be a major setback for his business.

You can't take this lightly…remember this is an all out war!!
Winner takes all!!

Keep us posted on your progress…aphids really piss me off!!

I have been able to keep them mostly under control other that a few outbreaks but it's hard to spray to kill the bastards when I have 4 flats in the living room. With the guinea pigs. So I often drag the flats outside spray everything let dry a bit and drag them back in, quite a PITA and the worst part is I cant figure out where they came from. The good news is I hope to move before next season get really into swing so as long as I sanitize everything well I might not have to deal with this BS again. (at least inside)

Back