• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Who are the best musical artists no one has ever heard of?

My choice is Steve Young. No not the QB that used to play for SF. This guy:

http://www.amazon.com/Renegade-Picker-No-Place-Fall/dp/B00005NOTC/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1294069031&sr=1-1

Absolutely top notch singer, musician and song writer extraordinaire.

I’ve been a fan since the 70’s; he is an artist who would put many of today’s so called country artists to shame. Do not understand why he did not get more recognition.

What say you?

For nice relaxing music check out Aaron Neville. I like his voice heaps although to start with it took a bit of getting used to.

the one that dosent exist. since if anyone has ever heard of a band its automaticaly gone down in the ranks of "best" (hippster thinking)

as for us who actualy enjoy music. i would have to say unexpect. a canadian progresive avantgard metal band.
once you can wrap your head around this musicaly its briliant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acrQGBYz_vg

Megalomaniac Trees is my favorite Unexpect song. My computer speakers
have died so I am unable to listen to any YouTube videos and post the
best version.

Have you heard Tub Ring? They toured with Unexpect at one point.

These arent played around here at all -
The Black Keys
Dan AuerBach
Heartless Bastards
Junior Kimbrough
Left Lane Cruisers

I dig this group called Led Zeppelin a little. They have a few good tunes. Ha, ha.

Seriouly though I love Star people. Not the hip-hop band from Chicago but the group of white guys who sing about physics and outer space. Really hard to find any info on them. :(

THP has a band and they are pretty dang good. I cannot come up with their name but he might come in here an chime in.

THP has a band and they are pretty dang good. I cannot come up with their name but he might come in here an chime in.
:lol: Kinda fits the theme of bands no one has heard of.

Brown noser! :lol: Just kidding mill. They are called Fear Report, and they do sound good from what I've heard.
Wait! Someone's heard of us!

;)

Thanks for the plug and compliments.

Tony Carey. also known as Planet P Project. See his website at http://truebeliever.de/

His latest offering, released under the Planet P Project name, is a trilogy called Go Out Dancing. A very political series with a reminder of the bad things that mankind did in the twentieth century, with some things that gladly did not come to pass.

One of my faves:

too slim and the tail draggers!

shoot, now I have to get a link~~~~~~ brb~~~~

edit to - Brown Bottle Rock-
Too Slim is a rocking live band. YouTube videos suck. Come up to Winthrop for the R&B festival in July, Too Slim is always playin', always rockin'!!

swamp opera, one more gallon of gasoline, "chop-chop-chop-chop, allnightlong,chop chop chop til my wood is gone",

seen 'em, love em,

Back